Radio Shack store closings

Radio Shack announced yesterday that it will be closing up to 1,100 of its 5,000+ store locations. It did not provide a list of locations that will be closing.

Anyone still shop there?

Pete

Repete
In the last 10 years I think I bought a spool of wire and some crimp splices. My $9 was not enough to save them.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My husband and I went into one last week, they didn't have what we were looking for. The shelves were so screwed up, thing were stacked on top of each other so you couldn't find what you were looking for if they did have it.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Radio shack used to have all the odd-ball stuff you couldnt find anywhere else. They are like a miniature best-buy now.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
But isn't Radio Shack the place that people get their Obama phones?

I would not doubt it. I went into Radio Shack looking for a computer printer. They had zero printers. It was 95% cellular sales and the back area was bare bones with hardly anything.

C

czygvtwkr

Last year when I was cell phone shopping I decided on the phone I wanted, did a price comparison on line and RS was the cheapest by $50 on the AT&T phone I wanted so I got my phone there.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
In the last 10 years I think I bought a spool of wire and some crimp splices. My $9 was not enough to save them.

I went looking for some capacitors and the PFY showed me an Optimus stereo rig. Then another time I needed a serial cable, and they wanted $25. No thanks.

Good riddance.

Radio Shack: You have questions. We have dumb looks.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I remember back in the late '80s/early '90s, waiting around in the morning with other engineers and techs from Pax River, for the store in St Mary's Square to open. We used to joke about purchasing Mil-RS (Radio Shack) components.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Went by the Charlotte Hall one the other day to pick up a switch and it was closed up and empty. Spoke with the girl in the Waldorf store next to Sports Authority and she's not sure if her store or the St. Charles Mall one is closing. I hope it's the mall one, I hate going in there.

molly_21

Last year when I was cell phone shopping I decided on the phone I wanted, did a price comparison on line and RS was the cheapest by $50 on the AT&T phone I wanted so I got my phone there.

That is the only reason I still go into Radio Shack is because they usally have the phone I want for cheaper when I do upgrade.

Misfit

Lawful neutral

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 287