How many people sleep with their pets?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"WASHINGTON -- Nearly three-quarters of pet owners in the United States share the bed with the furry friend, according to a survey from mattress company, Novosbed.

Seventy-one percent of pet owners sleep with their pets, according to the survey. Of those people, 43 percent said they let the pet sleep with them every night. Five percent of people said they let the pet sleep with them when their significant other was out of town, according to the study. "

Mine used to, but due to my allergies, I had to start closing the bedroom door to keep them all out of there so I can sleep w/o wheezing.

http://www.wtop.com/1226/3576721/How-many-people-sleep-with-their-pets

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
When my husband and I first got married in 1997, our cat slept with us. She'd sleep on my pillow. She passed in 2000. We got two more cats in 2004 but would keep the door shut so they slept in the living room. Just recently, we started leaving our door open again and the cats sleep with me until my husband comes to bed. Then they go back out to the living room. When my husband would go on travel, I'd let our dogs sleep with me to keep me company. Both dogs have since passed.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My big dog can't get up on the bed, it's too high for her. The puppy climbs on the trunk at the foot of the bed and gets right up, but she's crated at night. My old man cat sleeps curled up at my neck every night, the two other cats sleep at my feet. Not sure why the big dog doesn't use the trunk to get on the bed, she's kind of a wuss and everything seems to scare her. If it were up to my husband, they'd all be locked out of the room, but he tried it once and it was a noisy night with them trying to tear the door down to get in.

KDENISE977

BOTH boxers insist on sleeping on the bed, between my husband and me. I'm not even sure how we ever managed to MAKE a baby???

Rt235

I do not sleep with my pets, their bed it too small........they sleep with me and the wife on our bed!!!!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My big dog can't get up on the bed, it's too high for her. The puppy climbs on the trunk at the foot of the bed and gets right up, but she's crated at night. My old man cat sleeps curled up at my neck every night, the two other cats sleep at my feet. Not sure why the big dog doesn't use the trunk to get on the bed, she's kind of a wuss and everything seems to scare her. If it were up to my husband, they'd all be locked out of the room, but he tried it once and it was a noisy night with them trying to tear the door down to get in.

I've had problems in the past with kitties tearing at the carpet at the bedroom door trying to get in lol (not in this house thankfully).

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
When my "kids" were alive they were in the bed with me. Bealge under the covers by my feet, GSD on top snuggled up against me. Now the 2 cats sleep on each side of me to keep me from moving!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
When my husband and I first got married in 1997, our cat slept with us. She'd sleep on my pillow. She passed in 2000. We got two more cats in 2004 but would keep the door shut so they slept in the living room. Just recently, we started leaving our door open again and the cats sleep with me until my husband comes to bed. Then they go back out to the living room. When my husband would go on travel, I'd let our dogs sleep with me to keep me company. Both dogs have since passed.

I have been through potty issues in the past with kitties wanting to claim my bed as theirs when a new pet came into the household. They ALL got banned from the bed after that dominant cat started peeing on my bed to claim it ! EWWWWWW. had to replace the mattress topper!

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
A 9 pounder that takes her half out of the middle limiting my movement and snores like a 250 lb. sailor. I can't remember a good nights sleep since 1970 BC (before children) Oh I live such a charmed life. *sigh*

:coffee: