Once in a While, a Good Story

Certainly not trying to take away from Catt, Otter and Abbie, but I received a story from my friends in NY today, thought I needed to share.

This is Patitas.
Girl.jpg

It translates to "little feet." She is a petite little girl, about 27 pounds. She was found in a wheelbarrow filled with rain water, with both of her front legs broken. Hit by a car. The rescue group from Southold (Long Island, NY) goes down to Mexico twice a year to round up all the strays and do a spay and neuter clinic. Then they release them back into the streets. It's sad. Why she wasn't just shot is beyond me. But the head of the shelter found her and somehow got a vet there in Playa del Carmen to fix her. He put a good amount of hardware in to fix her up. She spent about 3 months in Mexico healing in a foster home, then to my friend who works at the shelter. I saw her on the shelter facebook page, and she just looked like our own dog. She has a limp. The shelter tried to find her a low-activity home for 6 six weeks and things just kept falling thru. So she decided to place her with us, see if it works.

She is now in NY with my friends, and they have taken to each other very quickly. It is amazing how much she looks like the dog they already have, could be siblings.

So very impressed with what the shelter does, and the expense they must lay out doing this.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Certainly not trying to take away from Catt, Otter and Abbie, but I received a story from my friends in NY today, thought I needed to share.

This is Patitas.
View attachment 101938

She is now in NY with my friends, and they have taken to each other very quickly. It is amazing how much she looks like the dog they already have, could be siblings.

So very impressed with what the shelter does, and the expense they must lay out doing this.

:like:

ginwoman

They release them back into the streets??!!
I'm sure they have their reasoning for that but it doesn't sound right to me.
The dogs would probably be better off to be put to sleep. And I am a dog lover
of the highest kind and don't ever like to say that, but think about it.