Does the White House know???

Chris0nllyn

The White House insists it doesn’t know how many people are fully enrolled in Obamacare but insurers say they’ve handed over enough data to show that the sign-up numbers are not as rosy as federal officials say.

The latest administration figures show that 4.2 million people have selected health plans in the new insurance markets. Insurance industry officials at four of the big national health plans tell POLITICO that about 15 to 20 percent people who have signed up have not yet paid their first monthly premium — the final step to get coverage.
Continue Reading

And they’ve told the White House the same, insurance industry officials say.

“I can’t tell you because I don’t know that,” Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Wednesday when Republicans asked about the number of paying Obamacare customers during hearings on Capitol Hill. “We don’t collect it.” She reiterated her contention Thursday, telling lawmakers that she’d provide the information as soon as it’s available.

The dispute emerges as the administration is trying to convey a sense of enthusiasm and momentum ahead of a March 31 deadline to enroll in exchanges. But unless the current pace doubles, the administration won’t hit its target of 6 million people — a goal that was already scaled back from 7 million after last October’s messy rollout of HealthCare.gov.

But the hill to climb may be even steeper than the White House acknowledges. Once the premium payment rate is factored in, the actual count of people who now have health coverage under the president’s health law could be closer to 3 million than 4 million. The insurance exchanges may still work with fewer people — but the political narrative is that the controversial health law is again falling short.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/...t-health-insurance-premiums-104602_Page2.html

Hijinx

tommyjo

He has succeeded in signing up a lot more people on Food Stamps and Mediaid, paid for by US taxpayers.

Yes, because it is Mr. Obama's fault that we had a near depression caused by a financial crisis before he was elected. He also singlehandedly refused to renew extended unemployment benefits for 2 million people...didn't he?...and that will have no effect on other benefit programs now will it? (Of course not, just ask Gilligan...he believes that everyone who loses unemployment benes simply ceases to exist!)

I hear that whistling sound again.

Hijinx

Yes, because it is Mr. Obama's fault that we had a near depression caused by a financial crisis before he was elected. He also singlehandedly refused to renew extended unemployment benefits for 2 million people...didn't he?...and that will have no effect on other benefit programs now will it? (Of course not, just ask Gilligan...he believes that everyone who loses unemployment benes simply ceases to exist!)

I hear that whistling sound again.

It's the wind blowing between your ears where there is nothing else.

acommondisaster

Of course he doesn't know. He'll find out the way the he always does - just like the rest of us, he'll see it on the news. And of course, we know the msm isn't covering anything negative about Obamacare.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
just ask Gilligan...he believes that everyone who loses unemployment benes simply ceases to exist!

You love me..I can tell. I just got wood!

But that aside, point to anything I ever posted that supports your silliness above. I've been paying for unemployment insurance for nearly three decades now and I certainly know how the process works. There is absolutely nothing "new" under the sun that suddenly justifies changing the benefit period from what it's always been set up to be.

Nothing except politics, I mean.

Last edited:

Rommey

Yes, because it is Mr. Obama's fault that we had a near depression caused by a financial crisis before he was elected.
Yet as Senator, what did he do (or more precisely, not do) to contribute to the situation? And he should have known the situation before running for the job...he campaigned on how he could fix the situation. As it turns out he likes campaigning for the job and using the perks, but not so much to actually doing the job.