Fish Oil ...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
is now out - aka not as healthy or does not have the positive effects once touted ...
and saturated fats are not harmful as they once thought to be ... [new Cambridge Study]

all brought to you by the people that said Butter was bad and Margarine was good ..... and Coffee and Saccharin causes Cancer

this is why the Fed needs to stay away from Mandating what foods can and should not be consumed

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
this is why the Fed needs to stay away from Mandating what foods can and should not be consumed

I was unaware the Fed made any laws regarding food consumption, other than stuff that's poisonous. And that's only because of stupid people who need to be told that WD-40 is not for eating.

And, once more, encouraging kids to eat more fruits and veggies did not originate with Michelle Obama. She almost certainly learned it in kindergarten, because that's where I first heard it.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I was unaware the Fed made any laws regarding food consumption, other than stuff that's poisonous. And that's only because of stupid people who need to be told that WD-40 is not for eating.

And, once more, encouraging kids to eat more fruits and veggies did not originate with Michelle Obama. She almost certainly learned it in kindergarten, because that's where I first heard it.

:coffee:

acommondisaster

Whole grain was replaced by Lactose free, was replaced by fish oil, which has been replaced by gluten free. To heck with it - I'm eating whatever I like and dying happy.

mudpuddle

i was unaware the fed made any laws regarding food consumption, other than stuff that's poisonous. And that's only because of stupid people who need to be told that wd-40 is not for eating.

And, once more, encouraging kids to eat more fruits and veggies did not originate with michelle obama. She almost certainly learned it in kindergarten, because that's where i first heard it.

Agreed...had a lot of spinach out of the can as a kid. Didn't work for me like it did for Popeye however.

is now out - aka not as healthy or does not have the positive effects once touted ...
and saturated fats are not harmful as they once thought to be ... [new Cambridge Study]

all brought to you by the people that said Butter was bad and Margarine was good ..... and Coffee and Saccharin causes Cancer

Agree that saturated fats, as long as you stay away from trans fat, are not the evil they were once thought to be. Olive oil, nut oils, coconut oil, and avocado are healthier fat alternatives.
Fish oil derivatives though are still best way to enhance heart and brain health. A high DHA Omega-3 is best.

onelove6366

It's the chemicals they put into this food and onto the food that is killing us! Organic/GMO Free is the only way to go! Butter and REAL milk is delicious! Fruits and Veggies not engineered to grow bigger, faster and that are herbicide & pesticide resistant, are harvested too early chemically treated to "look" ripe taste like #### and are poisoning your body along with the other chemicals added to foods in this country. Vegan EPA DHA is a good alternative to take for Fish Oil. When you start researching and finding out what companies are putting into the food here (and in many cases ONLY HERE - they reformulate their recipes in other countries due to stricter regulations) it will make you not want to eat at a restaurant or buy food from a traditional grocery store ever again. I buy everything organic anymore and even use cleaning products that are chemical free down to laundry detergent - everything. We discovered after going to an organic diet that we actually don't FEEL like eating as much as we used to and I for one don't have those cravings for stuff like desserts and more carbs. Now, the only thing I buy at the regular grocery store is cat food and every time I'm in the store I look at the people walking by with their carts full of crap and I fight the urge to say WHAT ARE YOU DOING - Don't you realize this is all killing you! Why are you feeding this garbage to your kids and your loved ones - or even to yourself! But I don't say a thing. I am just thankful that I am no longer one of the blind.

Roman

I know that I'm late coming to this thread, but I had to mention this. I took a pad of butter, and a pad of Marjarine and placed it on a paper plate, then put it on the picnic table to watch which one the flies were attracted to. Amazingly..they didn't touch the Marjarine. That should tell us something.

Try Fluckers... its a floor wax and a dessert topping!

frequentflier

happy to be living
It's the chemicals they put into this food and onto the food that is killing us! Organic/GMO Free is the only way to go! Butter and REAL milk is delicious! Fruits and Veggies not engineered to grow bigger, faster and that are herbicide & pesticide resistant, are harvested too early chemically treated to "look" ripe taste like #### and are poisoning your body along with the other chemicals added to foods in this country. Vegan EPA DHA is a good alternative to take for Fish Oil. When you start researching and finding out what companies are putting into the food here (and in many cases ONLY HERE - they reformulate their recipes in other countries due to stricter regulations) it will make you not want to eat at a restaurant or buy food from a traditional grocery store ever again. I buy everything organic anymore and even use cleaning products that are chemical free down to laundry detergent - everything. We discovered after going to an organic diet that we actually don't FEEL like eating as much as we used to and I for one don't have those cravings for stuff like desserts and more carbs. Now, the only thing I buy at the regular grocery store is cat food and every time I'm in the store I look at the people walking by with their carts full of crap and I fight the urge to say WHAT ARE YOU DOING - Don't you realize this is all killing you! Why are you feeding this garbage to your kids and your loved ones - or even to yourself! But I don't say a thing. I am just thankful that I am no longer one of the blind.

Any cat food bought in a grocery store is garbage...if you really love your cat, step it up a notch and feed him something decent.

mamatutu

mama to two
Any cat food bought in a grocery store is garbage...if you really love your cat, step it up a notch and feed him something decent.

I disagree. My GrayC lived to be 21, and only ate grocery store dry food. My current kitties, Tommy and Sox, are going on 15, and have only eaten grocery store food. I have never given them food in a can; only dry food. I guess it just depends on what one wants to do, and how much wants to spend.

I did learn that the metal in the cat food cans can become toxic to cats, so thus, no canned cat food. I have a good record on longevity of animals (cats or dogs) so I will stick with what I have been doing. I wish you good luck in your business, but grocery store food suits just fine if one so chooses. Thanks for your input.

Last edited: