How much is Candy Crush worth?

King Digital Entertainment (KING), the company behind the popular Candy Crush game, is going public today. The IPO has been priced at $22.50 per share which would value the company at about $7 billion. Candy Crush currently represents the bulk of the company's revenue though it does have several other games that see meaningful usage (4 other games with between 3 and 15 million daily active users, as reported back in February; for comparison Candy Crush reportedly had 93 million daily active users).

Anyone interested in owning Candy Crush?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
King has a ton of popular FB games besides Candy Crush: Farm Heroes, Papa Pear Saga, Bubble Witch, Pet Rescue....

I personally wouldn't buy. My reasoning being that they are hot right now, but non-interactive games have a short lifespan and get old quick, then it's on to something else to while away your life. I've been over Candy Crush for over a month now and Farm Heroes is rapidly becoming boring as well. But I'm a stock picking loser, so I'm sure King will come out with something new and their stock will shoot through the moon.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
King has a ton of popular FB games besides Candy Crush: Farm Heroes, Papa Pear Saga, Bubble Witch, Pet Rescue....

I personally wouldn't buy. My reasoning being that they are hot right now, but non-interactive games have a short lifespan and get old quick, then it's on to something else to while away your life. I've been over Candy Crush for over a month now and Farm Heroes is rapidly becoming boring as well. But I'm a stock picking loser, so I'm sure King will come out with something new and their stock will shoot through the moon.

^That

I noticed Angry Birds seems to be fading out.

Those 4 are indeed the ones I was referring to as, according to King Entertainment, having much more modest usage than Candy Crush right now. They would seem to be where growth would most likely come from in the near term.

If you don't mind my asking, what stock picks have you lost on?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you don't mind my asking, what stock picks have you lost on?

All of them. I have a knack for buying a stock that appears to be on its way up, then starts going down after I buy, then goes back up after I sell. I do give them a chance, at least 6 months, not just buying and selling at the slightest movement.

All of them. I have a knack for buying a stock that appears to be on its way up, then starts going down after I buy, then goes back up after I sell. I do give them a chance, at least 6 months, not just buying and selling at the slightest movement.

Not that I would want to capitalize on your bad stock picking juju, but could you start letting me know whenever you buy or sell something?

You know, just cause I'm curious and stuff. :smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not that I would want to capitalize on your bad stock picking juju, but could you start letting me know whenever you buy or sell something?

You know, just cause I'm curious and stuff. :smile:

:lol: I'm out - cashed it all in a few years ago and never looked back. But if I were still in, I wouldn't put money into King, which probably means they'd be a good choice.

:lol: I'm out - cashed it all in a few years ago and never looked back. But if I were still in, I wouldn't put money into King, which probably means they'd be a good choice.

What about Facebook? They just announced a $2 billion deal ($400 million in cash) to acquire virtual reality company Oculus.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What about Facebook? They just announced a $2 billion deal ($400 million in cash) to acquire virtual reality company Oculus.

I think FB is here to stay, at least for a little while. Note that I do not own FB stock. If I were to buy some, I could probably single-handedly put them out of business.

TPD

the poor dad
You can't go wrong with investing in AFLAC - love the duck! HSY has been another good one to me along with WAG. PM will get you a better yield with just the dividend vs your savings account.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
They actually have a website that has other games that you can play. I wasn't surprised that they moved into the apps for gameplay. Before you could just play them on the web site. I will probably 100.00 worth of shares. That way if the stock drops I won't cry.