Free Pallets

kalmd

Does anyone know where I get can some free pallets? Do places like Lowes give the away? Thanks!

TPD

the poor dad
Just saw an SUV coming out of the RioCan shopping center with 3 empty pallets strapped to the roof of the vehicle. Was that you? Get 'em from Lowes or Giant?

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Does anyone know where I get can some free pallets? Do places like Lowes give the away? Thanks!

After doing some pallet projects last year one thing I learned is the bigger stores tend to keep and reuse them.
Look for and ride through industrial parks or behind small strip malls in the loading areas. You can also try new housing projects.
We get ours at the West Marine boat store in Solomons. They'll usually have a dozen or more out back. We always ask first but have never been told no.

sm8

Southern States puts them out by the road quite often. Gotta be fast though because people from the so called farmers market are fast to snatch them up and use them to build tables.

frequentflier

happy to be living
One of my pet food distributors likes for us to save them because they reuse them. We have to write "DO NOT REMOVE" on them when we put them behind my store because people take them all the time. I guess they are worth $1.50 ea some place (not sure where). I am tired of people stealing them; despite them being marked.

kalmd

Thanks everyone. I have 4 total now, so that will get me started on my projects. I'll still take any that people may have and want to get rid of.