Grilling Season started this week

C

czygvtwkr

After work today I cleaned up my grill, cleaned the cast iron grates, seasoned them and made my first steak of the season it it, was yummy.

C

czygvtwkr

I cleaned my grill last week, but I grill all year long.

I usually do but I ran out of propane back in January and haven't made it to get it filled up till this weekend. That and my grill was nasty and needed a good cleaning.

I grill all year too. But I think tonight was the last time for this grill. Fell apart from the inside. Time for a new one.

merc669

I keep my grill covered and use it all year long. As long as I have propane. Yet seems I need to replace mine every few years. Yet some grill manufacturers rate theirs to last for a longer period. Do you replace yours more often than others that do not grill as much? But in keeping with the Op, I cooked out last weekend with some chicken and it sure is better than the oven!! Love my grill(s)..

Vince

My Weber stays covered and is used all year long. Smoker gets use as well. I actually enjoy grilling in the snow. :shrug:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I keep my grill covered and use it all year long. As long as I have propane. Yet seems I need to replace mine every few years. Yet some grill manufacturers rate theirs to last for a longer period. Do you replace yours more often than others that do not grill as much? But in keeping with the Op, I cooked out last weekend with some chicken and it sure is better than the oven!! Love my grill(s)..

My Weber gas grill is 11 years old.

John Z

if you will
My Weber gas grill is 11 years old.

Yeah, my li'l Weber Spirit gas grill is 16 years old. It stays outside and covered. I have replaced the regulator hose (squirrel chewed through two of them), the ignitor, and the flavorizer bars over the years. I replaced the regular grates with a set of cast iron ManGrates a couple of years ago. But it otherwise is still going strong. I think it was pretty spendy at the time; something like $375. For that money, I could have bought a fancy looking grill from another company that had a cabinet underneath, more knobs, and a side burner. But I would have had to replace that in 2003 and then in 2009 probably....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I need to replace those flappy things that are above the burners. What are they called and can I purchase them seperately? I know... call Lowe's or better yet, go there and ask in person. With a straight face. :ohwell:

FED_UP

I need to replace those flappy things that are above the burners. What are they called and can I purchase them seperately? I know... call Lowe's or better yet, go there and ask in person. With a straight face. :ohwell:

Heat tent or flame tamer, blocks direct fire from hitting the cat or dog your cooking.