Trusting the dealership to be honest? Not this guy, dashcam

glhs837

Power with Control
vindicates him.

http://jalopnik.com/dealership-sues-long-time-customer-for-25-000-over-das-1557675732

Cliff notes.

6 months earlier, his car was in for service, airbag light has been on since then. Takes it in for issues with his key fobs not working. The video shows the entire service process, from pulling it into the bay until it hits the pickup area (total of 1.5 hours), even captures the techs discussion the cars problems. turns out the fob issue was a bad module, and oddly enough, the airbag light was due to a fuse being moved from the airbag slot to a spare position next to it in the fuseblock, which evidently happened during the previous service.

The crazy part is the service writer bills it for almost five hours, and then cuts him a break of almost an hour, and discounts that inflated time a bit, so he only owes $600 instead of $660. What a helper. Just one more reason I do everything I can on my own stuff.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
vindicates him.

http://jalopnik.com/dealership-sues-long-time-customer-for-25-000-over-das-1557675732

Cliff notes.

6 months earlier, his car was in for service, airbag light has been on since then. Takes it in for issues with his key fobs not working. The video shows the entire service process, from pulling it into the bay until it hits the pickup area (total of 1.5 hours), even captures the techs discussion the cars problems. turns out the fob issue was a bad module, and oddly enough, the airbag light was due to a fuse being moved from the airbag slot to a spare position next to it in the fuseblock, which evidently happened during the previous service.

The crazy part is the service writer bills it for almost five hours, and then cuts him a break of almost an hour, and discounts that inflated time a bit, so he only owes $600 instead of $660. What a helper. Just one more reason I do everything I can on my own stuff.
THis sorta reminds me of a recent scenario we had with my vehicles.

My old Toyota Highlander had a problem with the driver's side window not going up or down. I take it in to Toyota of Southern Maryland for repair. I pay +/- $450 to get it repaired/replaced. I walk out with a window that goes up and down. Yeah, me.

My new(er) Toyota Highlander had a problem with the driver's side window not going up or down. (Read: TWO Toyota Highlanders had the SAME exact problem!). My wonderful husband goes on-line, finds a new window, orders it, and researches internet videos to learn how to remove the old one and put the new one in. New part = $137 (to include shipping), plus about 35 minutes of his time. Yeah, me! :thewave:

Toyota of Southern Maryland sure did make a shiat ton of money for a job that likely took them all of 15 minutes since they knew what they were doing. :burning: