Bluebirds

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Anyone's returned yet? Been away for two weeks, had to evict a Chickadee, sorry little bird go some place else ...

OldHillcrestGuy

I saw one little bluebird back around Wednesday of this week. Im in Northern St Marys. First thing I did was check to see if my boxes were empty and reading for them to settle in, if they picked my yard.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
thanks, last year i missed keeping nest clean and tit mouse got in, she laid eggs so i let her squat!!!

mamatutu

mama to two
I have seen quite a few bluebirds already (St. Leonard/Calvert) Some have eaten at my birdfeeder. I have not seen that before. Never put up bluebird houses. Maybe, I will try that.

TPD

the poor dad
SOBs never left my house - been perching on door of my car AND truck and ####ting down the side of them all winter long!!

garyt27

INAFJ
SOBs never left my house - been perching on door of my car AND truck and ####ting down the side of them all winter long!!

Birds ####, it's what they do. Sometimes it seems as though they aim for cars that have been just washed, IE, mine.

mitzi

i always thought bluebirds left for the winter, but I don't think they do. In February when it was so bitter cold, I saw a bunch of them.

Justme2

Yea Seen blue birds and was taking a nap. When I swore some one was knocking on the door. Listened for a minute and than was starting to doze off again when Rap, rap, Rap,. Got up went to the door and nobody there. and then rap, rap, rap, fricking wood pecker on the roof. Rap,rap, rap, So I rap rap rapped on the door jam with my hand. No help slammed door that worked flew off.

keekee

Anyone's returned yet? Been away for two weeks, had to evict a Chickadee, sorry little bird go some place else ...

Have seen them in & out of my bluebird box today. We put up a new box this year that's not in a prime spot, but our yard is limited. There is a chickadee nesting in there - so I'm letting it stay.

acommondisaster

Yes, saw one this weekend sitting on the pole that holds the bluebird nesting box. We seem to get quite a few here. Swan Point. (Southern Charles County along the Potomac)

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
walking the property yesterday i did see one, just need to coax him over to the house, leave a trail of meal wurms is a good start. This winter i had a SWARM of bluebird males all over the bird bath. Was pretty cool, just playing and drinking must have been 10-15 of them for about 10 minutes then gone,,,,,

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
i am happy now, looks like the titmouse/chickadee stink has finally left the house, the bluebirds have come back ;-))))

intertidal

On my second brood in each of 4 bluebird houses so far this year. Fifth house fledged one brood of carolina chickadees and is empty. Last year, I got 3 broods each and hoping for same this year.

Pushrod

Patriot
Ours are back for their second go around this season. No eggs yet but the nests are built in the houses.