What Southern Md cities to market to?

jasonandjen

I have been building a few websites for my family. Since I am coding them from scratch, and not using wordpress, weebly, or some other free builder, I have a lot of options for getting search keywords on my websites to get the phones ringing. I want to have a landing page for each city, ie somethingsomething dot com/mechanicsville-md or somethingsomething dot com/waldorf-md and here is where i need your input.

What cities or towns around here are the meat and potatoes to market to. I have already thought of the obvious ones, like Mechanicsville, Waldorf, Lexington Park, but my question is, what cities and towns do you guys think a southern md business should market to? I want your input. I was thinking of adding zip codes too, does anybody search using a zip code instead of a town name when searching for a service? ANY additional help on seo keywords to get local city searches would be helpful. thanks,
jason

abcxyz

Good for you for learning that skill but why reinvent the wheel?

A freebie like Weebly will not only do what it takes you hours to do in mere seconds, they will show you with one click of a button which words are being searched to find your site and then with a few more seconds of your time you can update the SEO section with those words?

Not downing, just wondering?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Speaking of websites, I need to find an easy way to have a database type of site that I can search for "X" in a certain category. There would be maybe 6 variables that could impact the search results. So any suggestions on software to make that site-building easier?

ShyGirl

Maybe try to collect information using information in the St Mary's County government website or the US Census website.

jasonandjen

Good for you for learning that skill but why reinvent the wheel?

A freebie like Weebly will not only do what it takes you hours to do in mere seconds, they will show you with one click of a button which words are being searched to find your site and then with a few more seconds of your time you can update the SEO section with those words?

Not downing, just wondering?

There is just so much more on the back end you can control when hand coding a website. The design usually suffers compared to a site builder but if you are trying to grab search terms with good seo, hand coding in my opinion is the way to go. Im open to opinions though.

gemma_rae

In Charles; White Plains, La Plata, Newburg, Cobb Island, Indian Head. In Calvert; Dunkirk, Sunderland, Huntingtown, Prince Frederick, Lusby

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Your using Meta Keywords which go in the <head> tags. In there use words that are spelled correctly and incorectly. It is amazing how many people spell "Mechanicsville" wrong. Adding the Meta keywords isn't that difficult and will help get that traffic to her site. Pull up a website to look for similar words to the common words listed here.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Your using Meta Keywords which go in the <head> tags. In there use words that are spelled correctly and incorectly. It is amazing how many people spell "Mechanicsville" wrong. Adding the Meta keywords isn't that difficult and will help get that traffic to her site. Pull up a website to look for similar words to the common words listed here.

:roflmao:

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
notepad.exe FTW. Real men don't need syntax highlighting.

Good for OP for DIY'ing. You'll learn more about the web and its various moving parts (OSI stack: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model) by troubleshooting the various problems you'll run into and solve by getting as close to the HTML as you can on your projects.