Easter

KDENISE977

I'm checking the online calenders and I really don't see much going on in the way of Easter bunny/egg hunts. A few random fire halls and one St. Mary's festival :shrug: is that all there is out there? I just wanted to take my kiddo to a park or something. Does anyone know of anything in Charles/Calvert Counties? TIA :cheers:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Easter Egg Festival
Date: 4/12/2014
Time: 12 Noon
Duration: 04:00

The 31st annual St. Mary's County Recreation and Parks' Easter Egg Festival features a number of changes this year for the enjoyment of all.
First, this year's event will take place on Saturday, April 12. In past years the festival occurred between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Also, the festivities are moving to a new location … the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds! The hours of the rain or shine event are being pushed back to 12 noon until 4 p.m.

The Easter Egg Festival has become a staple of the entire Southern Maryland community each spring featuring egg hunts for all ages, photos with the Easter Bunny, amusement rides, live entertainment, free arts and crafts, egg decorating contest, face painting and goods and services for sale by local area vendors.

For $5.00 attendees can participate in the egg hunt, have a photo taken with the Easter Bunny and enjoy local music and fun entertainment. Photography will be provided by Lifetouch photography. Additional fees apply for amusement rides and various on-site food vendors. Advance tickets can be purchased at the Recreation & Parks main office Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For a limited time, those purchasing tickets in advance will be entered to win a $100 Recreation & Parks Gift Card.

Space is available for local vendors to participate. Recreation and Parks is also seeking donations and sponsorships. Please call for additional details. This year Recreation and Parks is excited to announce Southern Maryland Oil as its event title sponsor. They will also return as the Gold Sponsor of the Scott Verbic Memorial Tournament.

Net proceeds from the Easter Egg Festival, along with the Scott Verbic Memorial Golf Tournament, are used to fund the Recreation & Parks Scholarship Program, which provides qualified individual applicants the opportunity to participate in an activity at a 50% discount of the registration fee.

For more information please visit http://www.stmarysmd.com/recreate/easter or call 301-475-4200 ext. 1800.

KDENISE977

Easter Egg Festival
Date: 4/12/2014
Time: 12 Noon
Duration: 04:00

The 31st annual St. Mary's County Recreation and Parks' Easter Egg Festival features a number of changes this year for the enjoyment of all.
First, this year's event will take place on Saturday, April 12. In past years the festival occurred between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Also, the festivities are moving to a new location … the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds! The hours of the rain or shine event are being pushed back to 12 noon until 4 p.m.

The Easter Egg Festival has become a staple of the entire Southern Maryland community each spring featuring egg hunts for all ages, photos with the Easter Bunny, amusement rides, live entertainment, free arts and crafts, egg decorating contest, face painting and goods and services for sale by local area vendors.

For $5.00 attendees can participate in the egg hunt, have a photo taken with the Easter Bunny and enjoy local music and fun entertainment. Photography will be provided by Lifetouch photography. Additional fees apply for amusement rides and various on-site food vendors. Advance tickets can be purchased at the Recreation & Parks main office Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For a limited time, those purchasing tickets in advance will be entered to win a $100 Recreation & Parks Gift Card.

Space is available for local vendors to participate. Recreation and Parks is also seeking donations and sponsorships. Please call for additional details. This year Recreation and Parks is excited to announce Southern Maryland Oil as its event title sponsor. They will also return as the Gold Sponsor of the Scott Verbic Memorial Tournament.

Net proceeds from the Easter Egg Festival, along with the Scott Verbic Memorial Golf Tournament, are used to fund the Recreation & Parks Scholarship Program, which provides qualified individual applicants the opportunity to participate in an activity at a 50% discount of the registration fee.

For more information please visit http://www.stmarysmd.com/recreate/easter or call 301-475-4200 ext. 1800.

For some reason I was thinking the St. Marhy's fair grounds were much further away from me...they're not really :cheers: THANK YOU !! :huggy:

SoMDGirl42

The one the county sponsors is a cluster F*&%!. I took my youngest there when she was 2. I swore I'd never go back again and haven't. You missed a really good one on Sunday at the Elks Lodge. They had breaskfast with the Easter Bunny, live bunnies you could buy, arts and crafts for the kids and an easter egg hunt with prizes for "golden eggs".

KDENISE977

The one the county sponsors is a cluster F*&%!. I took my youngest there when she was 2. I swore I'd never go back again and haven't. You missed a really good one on Sunday at the Elks Lodge. They had breaskfast with the Easter Bunny, live bunnies you could buy, arts and crafts for the kids and an easter egg hunt with prizes for "golden eggs".

:mad: GREAT !!

SoMDGirl42

Sawry :huggy: You are just 3 days late inquiring, or I would have told you about it. Not to rub salt in your wound, but my daughter gave me a great big hug and told me how much of great time she had. Hope they keep up this tradition. It was wonderful!

BTW, they do breakfast with santa and each kids gets a toy from santa as well. Breakfast is great. 10 bucks for adults. All you can eat and they have made to order omlets also. Very yummy

KDENISE977

Easter Egg Festival Location: St. Mary's County Fairgrounds Date: 4/12/2014 Time: 12 Noon Duration: 04:00 The 31st annual St. Mary's County Recreation and Parks' Easter Egg Festival features a number of changes this year for the enjoyment of all. First, this year's event will take place on Saturday, April 12. In past years the festival occurred between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Also, the festivities are moving to a new location … the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds! The hours of the rain or shine event are being pushed back to 12 noon until 4 p.m. The Easter Egg Festival has become a staple of the entire Southern Maryland community each spring featuring egg hunts for all ages, photos with the Easter Bunny, amusement rides, live entertainment, free arts and crafts, egg decorating contest, face painting and goods and services for sale by local area vendors. For $5.00 attendees can participate in the egg hunt, have a photo taken with the Easter Bunny and enjoy local music and fun entertainment. Photography will be provided by Lifetouch photography. Additional fees apply for amusement rides and various on-site food vendors. Advance tickets can be purchased at the Recreation & Parks main office Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For a limited time, those purchasing tickets in advance will be entered to win a $100 Recreation & Parks Gift Card. Space is available for local vendors to participate. Recreation and Parks is also seeking donations and sponsorships. Please call for additional details. This year Recreation and Parks is excited to announce Southern Maryland Oil as its event title sponsor. They will also return as the Gold Sponsor of the Scott Verbic Memorial Tournament. Net proceeds from the Easter Egg Festival, along with the Scott Verbic Memorial Golf Tournament, are used to fund the Recreation & Parks Scholarship Program, which provides qualified individual applicants the opportunity to participate in an activity at a 50% discount of the registration fee. For more information please visit http://www.stmarysmd.com/recreate/easter or call 301-475-4200 ext. 1800.

We are going right after a quick haircut !

KDENISE977

Well that place was a disappointment :mad: the lines were SO long, I don't know how anyone could get a 3 year old to stand in a line THAT long to see the Easter bunny. We're on a mission this weekend, I'll find that friggin bunny if it kills me !!!!

SoMDGirl42

Well that place was a disappointment :mad: the lines were SO long, I don't know how anyone could get a 3 year old to stand in a line THAT long to see the Easter bunny. We're on a mission this weekend, I'll find that friggin bunny if it kills me !!!!

:huggy:

and now you know why I said NEVER again.

MarieB

I'm glad we didn't go. I sort of figured it would be that way. My son is sick anyway

Doesn't Waldorf mall have an Easter bunny?

I really want to find a place for the kids this week, as this could be the last year for my oldest

KDENISE977

I'm glad we didn't go. I sort of figured it would be that way. My son is sick anyway

Doesn't Waldorf mall have an Easter bunny?

I really want to find a place for the kids this week, as this could be the last year for my oldest

Yes, I know they have an Easter Bunny, just for pictures, and if it's anything like any other holiday there... the lines will be ridiculous. I kept thinking I'd find a local fire department/hall that was having a nice Easter egg hunt or Easter bunny stops by kind of thing. Standing in line at the mall wasn't really the experience I was looking for. I picked up some plastic eggs to hunt at home here on Sunday and we will color eggs Saturday evening...IDK maybe I'm looking for too much :shrug: If you find something please share !!!

MarieB

Yes, I know they have an Easter Bunny, just for pictures, and if it's anything like any other holiday there... the lines will be ridiculous. I kept thinking I'd find a local fire department/hall that was having a nice Easter egg hunt or Easter bunny stops by kind of thing. Standing in line at the mall wasn't really the experience I was looking for. I picked up some plastic eggs to hunt at home here on Sunday and we will color eggs Saturday evening...IDK maybe I'm looking for too much :shrug: If you find something please share !!!

I don't think you are looking for too much at all. I wanted to find the same, and I hate the mall. It just might be a last resort for us though. We are also hiding and decorating eggs

He local church had a community egg hunt last year, but I didn't seen a sign for it this year. Watch the local churches. And yes, if I see anything I'll let you know