Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead chicks, darn fox!

Dead chicks, darn fox!

So I got some white leghorn chicks and put them in a sturdy cage last night outside after they had spent time indoors and were ready to go outside.

Fox got stuck inside the cage so was there at 6:45 when we discovered it. The fox had killed them all and eaten 3 of the 4 chicks. We let the fox go. My fault that I left one side of the cage unsecured so the fox pushed that side in.

So if anyone knows of any large white egg layers available, let me know. I'm willing to take chicks up to 1 year olds.
    Making a Difference for Critters Big and Small
    We are now a 501 (c)(3) non-profit!
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

You let the fox go?

"Stupid is as stupid does".
    "I don't need no stinking lookers"!

PS my big bad American Bulldog / Pit Bull mix was outside on the deck sleeping a few feet from the cage and did nothing to prevent the fox from getting in the cage. My boy is fired as a guard dog for the farm. Its obvious he is only meant to be a lover-boy.

I'm in the market for a REAL guard dog also lol.
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

It's my fault the fox got in, so why should the fox die?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkRescue View Post
    It's your fault the chicks died, then. Why would you get any more - that seems pretty irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post

It's your fault the chicks died, then. Why would you get any more - that seems pretty irresponsible.
    You are a judgeMENTAL better-than-thou piece of #### of a human being. Maybe you need some joy in life so you can stop being the negative vibe flinging you do. #### you biatch.

You are a judgeMENTAL better-than-thou piece of #### of a human being. Maybe you need some joy in life so you can stop being the negative vibe flinging you do. #### you biatch.
    Really? You posted your business on a public forum and expected and invited NO discussion, judgmental comments, discourse whatsoever?

I am hateful for asking an obvious question?

You said it was NOT the fox's fault the chick died....so you let it go. I am confused by that - as a fox is a fox is a fox and it will always do what a fox is going to do. PREY & kill to eat.

Why would you therefore, NOT prevent the fox from trying to kill the chicks in the future?

A dog outside nearby which never made a peep around a fox killing it's prey is very odd, as well. I would imagine a cage full of little baby chicks could make quite a ruckus.

But hey - who am I to ask a question since you obviously go into psychiatric convulsions over anyone "judging" your motives. More than a few posters (besides me) on this forum have also questioned your "techniques/methods/motives" as they pertain to your so-called "Pet rescue" agency/business or whatever you want to call it. So I apparently not the only one.

Seek help, you're a nuttie.

Tractor supply had some yesterday I thought they said they were leghorns and that they really needed to get rid of them because they were getting big enough to fly out of the containers. Should have killed the fox though. He will be back

Duh. You let the fox kill the chickens. Get a gun and kill the fox.
    Last edited by Vince; 04-15-2014 at 01:30 PM.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.