Dermatologist for moles

fjennell

Can anyone recommend a good dermatologist strictly for removing moles without "butchering" your skin? I have not had good luck in the past where a mole was shaven so deep that it should have been cut and stitched and not shaven. I really would like specific experiences with removing moles and a dermatologist that cared about the type of scar it would leave. Thanks.

Who I WOULDN'T go to...

Can anyone recommend a good dermatologist strictly for removing moles without "butchering" your skin? I have not had good luck in the past where a mole was shaven so deep that it should have been cut and stitched and not shaven. I really would like specific experiences with removing moles and a dermatologist that cared about the type of scar it would leave. Thanks.

Dr. Ling!

But, whoever you go see, be sure you make it clear you want to see the doctor, not his/her PA. Had a PA in Lex Park tell me a few years ago that the growth on my hand was a wart and she tried freezing it a number of times with no results. Later found out from a REAL dermatologist that it was a cyst and I had to have it surgically removed. Not a pleasant experience.

Pete

Repete
MD Dermatology on Exploration Drive, but be prepared to pay or have your insurance pay. I had one removed on my back and it was about $2K which I think was retarded.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Dr. Ling!

But, whoever you go see, be sure you make it clear you want to see the doctor, not his/her PA. Had a PA in Lex Park tell me a few years ago that the growth on my hand was a wart and she tried freezing it a number of times with no results. Later found out from a REAL dermatologist that it was a cyst and I had to have it surgically removed. Not a pleasant experience.

I have been to Dr Ling. I would/will go to him again.

SoMDGirl42

hated Dr. Ling and wouldn't take my dog to see him even if he was paying me to see him.

Anne Arundel Dermatology
23000 Moakley Road
Suite 206
Leonardtown, MD 20650
443.351.DERM (3376)

Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm

ginwoman

I like Arpana Shah in Charlotte Hall. She has two NP's so if you need to see her you might have to wait a while.
Hey SoMDGirl, who is the doc at Anne Arundel Dermatology? That would be closer for me than Arpana.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I like Arpana Shah in Charlotte Hall. She has two NP's so if you need to see her you might have to wait a while.
Hey SoMDGirl, who is the doc at Anne Arundel Dermatology? That would be closer for me than Arpana.

I know Dr. Trianna is there, plus there are a couple of other names on the Leonardtown office

I wonder if they can help with my mole problem, they are just screwing up my lawn.
Nothing else has worked, so maybe a dermatologist can make them disappear as well.

:)

frequentflier

happy to be living
I know Dr. Trianna is there, plus there are a couple of other names on the Leonardtown office

I wonder if they can help with my mole problem, they are just screwing up my lawn.
Nothing else has worked, so maybe a dermatologist can make them disappear as well.

:)

When I first saw the thread, I was thinking "why would a mole need a dermatologist"? :lmao:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I've had two moles on my face removed. Once years ago by Dr. Trianna. I have no visible scar left and he worked a bit with me on the insurance, so I would definitely recommend him. The other was removed from Dr. Sanji who used a different technique that was supposed to minimize scarring. Let's just say I won't be seeing Dr. Sanji again. :ohwell:

SoMDGirl42

Her name is slipping my mind right now. I think she may have been a PA. I like her, just can't remember her name. :doh:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I saw Hewit once and would never go back. He seemed very distracted, inspected me from about 3 feet away, never once touched my skin. As I have a history of skin cancer, it was very disconcerting.
When I was leaving, I saw a sales rep in the lobby that had brought him a bag of food from Panera.

pebbles

Arpana Shah they now have an office California too. I see Angela & have had 4 removed. No problems at all.