Have you ever

tried to trim your own hair? I may attempt this tonight because I am nervous the hairdresser will get scissor-happy and cut off my locks. :cds:

If you have done this before, any suggestions on technique...? :coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why am I getting a mental image of dozens of forumites standing around going "Cut it! Cut it!" like those people who stand around a suicidal person going, "Jump! Jump!"?

KDENISE977

:shrug: what could go wrong?

Attachments

• image-694280304.jpg
    image-694280304.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 242

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
tried to trim your own hair? I may attempt this tonight because I am nervous the hairdresser will get scissor-happy and cut off my locks. :cds:

Practice on a Barbie first. I once did this and tried to make her a wig. It didn't end well. :lol:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
dont do it...

It has taken me 6yrs to do a OK job when i have to give my Yorkie a hair cut.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

I cut my own. Want me to do yours?

Toxick

Splat

Usually what I do is open up my tri-fold medicine cabinet so I can see the back of my head.

Then I take clippers, and go over the metal part with alcohol. If you don't put alcohol on the clippers, you'll get bumps and possibly a rash. That thing is covered in bacteria.

Then I start at my right sideburn, and work my way up to my crown. Then I do the left side. Then the top, then I use the mirrors to make sure I don't have any stragglies in the back of my head. When I'm feeling energetic, I get some shaving cream and cover the whole dome. Then a Mach-5 razor I go over the whole ensemble until all the shaving cream is gone. Then some moisturizer to make it shiny, and prevent scalp flakes.

Then voila. I'm ####ing gorgeous.