First Ride in a Loooooong Time

ShyGirl

Took a short ride to Ruddy Duck II (St George Island) on Saturday.

Still not strong enough for a long ride but wahoo I am so flippin' happy to be back on my bike!!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Where's that like button???

Glad you got out for a ride. My bike keeps leaving me on the side of the road, gotta get that fixed before I go too far.

glhs837

Power with Control
Been riding all winter, but damn, it sure is nice not to have to apply three or four layers before hopping on. Glad to have my mesh jacket back to mesh mode.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Took a short ride to Ruddy Duck II (St George Island) on Saturday.

Still not strong enough for a long ride but wahoo I am so flippin' happy to be back on my bike!!

Congrats on getting out, we took our first ride yesterday since last fall and it was great. Rode down to Point Lookout and then then stopped by K of C for dinner... great day!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We should do a forum ride this year... I'm not leading the pack though.

Where too... thinking like all day ride?

I went to Fredericksburg on Saturday.. wife let me go to BMW open house unsupervised... OOPS.. but have a very cool new helmet now..

ShyGirl

I went to Fredericksburg on Saturday.. wife let me go to BMW open house unsupervised... OOPS.. but have a very cool new helmet now..

I was thinking about staying local and grabbing a bite to eat at someplace like Mission BBQ or BWW. I thought it was cool how others met up with us at the restaurant for one that we did a few years ago.

Any other ideas?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I was thinking about staying local and grabbing a bite to eat at someplace like Mission BBQ or BWW. I thought it was cool how others met up with us at the restaurant for one that we did a few years ago.

Any other ideas?

I like it.. let's do it!

Larry Gude

Strung Out

"Bob, this is your helmet talking to you...ride West...go west young man. Lead your people to the rolling awesomeness that is central Maryland...show them what their scooters were really made for...."

FirstGear

Any other ideas?

pin point a destination and then go through all the back roads to get there. I do that from Town Creek to get to Sea Breeze on sandgates road or to back road Inn.

pin point a destination and then go through all the back roads to get there. I do that from Town Creek to get to Sea Breeze on sandgates road or to back road Inn.

Yeah someplace a bit off the track, not along 235. Ruddy Duck II is nice, but mostly a pretty boring ride.

FirstGear

That's, what, 110 miles. For 40 more, you can go down across the 301 bridge but then head West and then up to Harpers Ferry or, add 100 and do Smoke Hole.

You poor people have a LOT of rubber on the sides of your tires in need of rubbing...

Jusging from the responses from everyone, sounds like a group ride with members from the forum. So who volunteered to start a "ride" thread? My average ride after work is about 70-80 miles around the area.

bulldog

Harpers Ferry is a nice ride. Did that last year.

There are some local roads here that do allow you to scrub off the chicken strips. You just have to find them. :)