Aloe Vera

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Also, how often do you take it and in what amount?

I just started using Aloe Vera and I'm about a week in. So far, I have no complaints. The stuff I bought was a little pricey for a small qty but I mainly wanted to try it first then buy bulk, if possible.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Thanks! I haven't clicked on the link (which might answer my questions), but is this a clear liquid? Does it have a bitter taste? Is it refined?

It’s relatively clear, but really doesn't have much of a taste at all. To be honest I use the Walmart stuff kind of just for maintenance. I got right years ago with a more expensive brand (I don't remember what it was) from Swanson’s and just kind of switched over to the less expensive stuff because it was more convenient to buy it while grocery shopping. I just drink a small glass each morning; I even mixed Metamucil with it and made it a super drink.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
It’s relatively clear, but really doesn't have much of a taste at all. To be honest I use the Walmart stuff kind of just for maintenance. I got right years ago with a more expensive brand (I don't remember what it was) from Swanson’s and just kind of switched over to the less expensive stuff because it was more convenient to buy it while grocery shopping. I just drink a small glass each morning; I even mixed Metamucil with it and made it a super drink.
Thanks much!

sockgirl77

I take a shot every day. As long as it's cold, I can handle it. It is part of my diet routine and helps tremendously.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I have tried the jug at walmart, and one I bought at GNC. There really isn't much taste to it..but the viscosity and slight back of your tongue taste makes it taste like you are swallowing someone else's spit. its vaguely unpleasant. If its cold and in small amounts its not bad to toss back quickly but if you have a smoothie or shake or recovery drink or soemthing along those lines, I would just add it in there. I was able to add it to a kale smoothie with no issues.

sockgirl77

I have tried the jug at walmart, and one I bought at GNC. There really isn't much taste to it..but the viscosity and slight back of your tongue taste makes it taste like you are swallowing someone else's spit. its vaguely unpleasant. If its cold and in small amounts its not bad to toss back quickly but if you have a smoothie or shake or recovery drink or soemthing along those lines, I would just add it in there. I was able to add it to a kale smoothie with no issues.

I add mine to my NRG tea most of the time.

Idunno

My Mom used it years ago to help with her stomach ulcers. She would mix it half and half with apricot juice to cut the bitter taste and thick consistency. She tried other juices, but most had an acidity that irritated her stomach issues. It really helped her!