The Feds Are Planning To Raid Bundy's Ranch

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"Fox News host Sean Hannity tried to stir up more animosity between Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and federal authorities on Tuesday by implying that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and the Bureau of Land Management were planning a secret raid on the Bundy ranch.

Hannity asked the rancher to address fringe reports that BLM's withdrawal from the conflict last weekend was just cover for a planned raid on his ranch down the road.
"I really don't know nothing about that," Bundy said.

"But let's put these two things together here," Hannity pressed. "We have Richard Mack, the former sheriff of Graham County, Ariz., he made the comment that he has sources inside the federal government warning that the weekend retreat was only a move to distract attention, diffuse tensions, because a raid on the family's ranch is being planned. Couple that with Harry Reid's comments that this is 'not over.' You gotta believe that something is brewing here, no?"

Bundy ignored the question and instead took the opportunity to hit back at Reid, who the rancher said Nevadans elected to take care of "United States business" in Washington.

"Harry, get back there and take care of that work and leave us alone here in Nevada,“ Bundy said. "You have no business here in Clark County, Nevada."

PsyOps

Pixelated
You mean 'The Tea Party Flake Ranch'?

You know what's amazing about this? You lefties loved the Occupy Wall Street gang... that gang of thugs that illegally camped out in our cities on public land, didn't pay rent, didn't pay taxes, defecated and urinated in public, on cop cars, sidewalks anywhere their butts could squat, trashed the land they were on – basically violating the law at every turn they made – and they provided absolutely nothing to anyone except to be a complete nuisance. And you lefties hailed them as heroes. The ranchers actually provide a service to the public, have been doing what they’re doing for decades, and they are Tea Party flakes. They have operated this land in a peaceful manner, harming no one, getting in no one’s way, just minding their BUSINESS, and this is deserving of having their lives threatened by the government – LITERALLY at the point of the gun through paramilitary operations: assault weapons, armored vehicles, snipers, etc… against a bunch of people on horses that just want to tend to their cows.

If this raid happens, I expect things to not play out well. Honestly I’m nervous how this might play out across the country. People are getting fed up.

Vince

You know what's amazing about this? You lefties loved the Occupy Wall Street gang... that gang of thugs that illegally camped out in our cities on public land, didn't pay rent, didn't pay taxes, defecated and urinated in public, on cop cars, sidewalks anywhere their butts could squat, trashed the land they were on – basically violating the law at every turn they made – and they provided absolutely nothing to anyone except to be a complete nuisance. And you lefties hailed them as heroes. The ranchers actually provide a service to the public, have been doing what they’re doing for decades, and they are Tea Party flakes. They have operated this land in a peaceful manner, harming no one, getting in no one’s way, just minding their BUSINESS, and this is deserving of having their lives threatened by the government – LITERALLY at the point of the gun through paramilitary operations: assault weapons, armored vehicles, snipers, etc… against a bunch of people on horses that just want to tend to their cows.

If this raid happens, I expect things to not play out well. Honestly I’m nervous how this might play out across the country. People are getting fed up.
:yeahthat: I like it.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

Thousands of cattle ranchers have paid their fees. This is a bull#### law but there are better ways to fight it. Cliven Bundy wants something for free and he's gotten it for 20 years while thousands of others have paid for it.

There are no good guys here.

DipStick

As for the "Liberals vs. Conservative" bull#### Psy brought up, this is why I can't get behind Conservative movements. You guys always play the victim and pretend to be the persecuted, all the time.

Chris0nllyn

As for the "Liberals vs. Conservative" bull#### Psy brought up, this is why I can't get behind Conservative movements. You guys always play the victim and pretend to be the persecuted, all the time.

To be fair, it happens on both sides.

It's arguable who does it more.

Hijinx

I don't need Hannity to tell me what I already know.

No way the Feds are just going away and leave Bundy alone.

It can go 2 ways, they will sic the IRS and the Courts on him and take him to trial until they bleed him dry, or they can arrive at th ranch one nigh at 3 AM and beat his doors down and accidentally (on purpose) see him with a gun in his hand and kill him.

But bet the farm (ranch) this is not over. The Feds will win, they have our money to wait him out and beat his lawyers down.

DipStick

It can go 2 ways, they will sic the IRS and the Courts on him and take him to trial until they bleed him dry, or they can arrive at th ranch one nigh at 3 AM and beat his doors down and accidentally (on purpose) see him with a gun in his hand and kill him.

But bet the farm (ranch) this is not over. The Feds will win, they have our money to wait him out and beat his lawyers down.

Of course the Feds will win in the long run. He's in violation of the law for 20 years and counting. You can disagree with the law but the courts have already ruled on the matter.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Tell me something... Who does federal land belong to?

Are you telling me Bundy deserves to have a military-style assualt on his people and his cattle because he didn't pay grazing fees? Is this what we have to expect when we don't pay our taxes or Obamacare fines? Bundy owes something like $1.1 million in grazing fees over 20 years. Yes, this has been going on for 20 years. You know how much this paramilitary operation cost tax payers? Over $3 million.

So don't give me your bull#### about why you can't get behind this or that; this is about massive, out-of-control government.

The land belongs to the people. The government belongs to the people. There should have NEVER been air and ground paramilitary forces on this land threatening Americans in this way. In any other country this would be considered an act of war.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Actually I would expect to see more of a Waco-style conclusion. Only this time, we're dealing some religious fanatic keeping people hostage in his compound. We're talking about Americans trying to run a business and put food on the table. The government is pissing the wrong people off this time.

Yeah, I said it Dipstick... the government is pissing the people off. It should ALWAYS be they that fear us; not the other way around.

DipStick

Tell me something... Who does federal land belong to?

Are you telling me Bundy deserves to have a military-style assualt on his people and his cattle because he didn't pay grazing fees? Is this what we have to expect when we don't pay our taxes or Obamacare fines? Bundy owes something like $1.1 million in grazing fees over 20 years. Yes, this has been going on for 20 years. You know how much this paramilitary operation cost tax payers? Over $3 million.

So don't give me your bull#### about why you can't get behind this or that; this is about massive, out-of-control government.

The land belongs to the people. The government belongs to the people. There should have NEVER been air and ground paramilitary forces on this land threatening Americans in this way. In any other country this would be considered an act of war.

I'm well aware of how long this has been going on.

"Who does federal land belong to?"

Since you're going to go down this Libertarian road, let me ask you, do you think I have the right to just plop my ass down on Federal land and build my business on it without paying any fees because I'm a taxpayer? Why don't we all just build houses on "federal land" since we own it?

The law is stupid but it's still the law. I don't like Obamacare - that doesn't mean I get to say "#### it, I'm not paying taxes anymore". You want to do that, be my guest. Let me know how it works out. :jet:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm well aware of how long this has been going on.

"Who does federal land belong to?"

Since you're going to go down this Libertarian road, let me ask you, do you think I have the right to just plop my ass down on Federal land and build my business on it without paying any fees because I'm a taxpayer? Why don't we all just build houses on "federal land" since we own it?

The law is stupid but it's still the law. I don't like Obamacare - that doesn't mean I get to say "#### it, I'm not paying taxes anymore". You want to do that, be my guest. Let me know how it works out. :jet:

I don’t know… ask the OWS people. Seems they weren’t just allowed to camp out for months on public property – in many cases trespassing on private property – pay nothing for it, defecate and urinate on it, trash it on every level, clog up progress of businesses, destroy businesses when they didn’t get their way, etc., etc, etc… did we see any paramilitary police, both air and ground forces, threaten them?

I’m not talking about the law. Bundy should pay his fees. Did this warrant the type of response from the government? THIS should be illegal. If I don’t pay my fees, taxes, fines, etc… deal with it through legal means; military means. These are Americans pointing weapons at Americans at the order of Americans.

This is not America!

DipStick

I don’t know… ask the OWS people. Seems they weren’t just allowed to camp out for months on public property – in many cases trespassing on private property – pay nothing for it, defecate and urinate on it, trash it on every level, clog up progress of businesses, destroy businesses when they didn’t get their way, etc., etc, etc… did we see any paramilitary police, both air and ground forces, threaten them?

I’m not talking about the law. Bundy should pay his fees. Did this warrant the type of response from the government? THIS should be illegal. If I don’t pay my fees, taxes, fines, etc… deal with it through legal means; military means. These are Americans pointing weapons at Americans at the order of Americans.

This is not America!

It was dealt with through the courts. You guys want the government to back down and let Bundy do whatever he wants to do. It's no different than OWS. He's getting something for free, at the cost of others. And when he cried about it, thousands of righties showed up ready to wage war on the government.

I may not comment on these forums all the time but I know what goes on. I've followed this since it began being in the news again. This Cliven Bundy person is a freeloader.

But you guys don't see it that way because he's a righty.

C

czygvtwkr

Maybe I am missing something but I thought they just collected his cows that were on the federal land and said "we got your cows you aint getting them back till you pay us".

DipStick

Ken King laid it all out in the other thread on the subject. I'm just going to redirect you to his posts on the matter.

Your Libertarian arguments are where I'm going to have to disagree with you. If you're going to do with the "our land" argument, you can't say it only applies in certain circumstances.