Tiki Bar Opening - Designated Driver Booth

Jbeckman

Please Share and SHARE again!!!!

Designate a driver for the upcoming Tiki Bar opening weekend. Take turns - one be the sober ride Friday, and the other on Saturday.

Download the pre-registration form, fill it out and bring it to the DD booth located near the Tiki Bar entrance and save time.

This will still put you in for the wonderful prizes for the drawing on Monday, and you will win an instant prize during the event. 1 form per day (double you chances of winning). Take turns - one be the sober ride Friday, and the other on Saturday.

Download the pre-registration form, fill it out and bring it to the DD booth located near the Tiki Bar entrance and save time.

Attachments

• 2014 pre-registration form for DD booth.pdf
    273.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 2014 pre-registration form for DD booth.jpg
    2014 pre-registration form for DD booth.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Designated Driver Tiki Bar Registration 2014  final.jpg
    Designated Driver Tiki Bar Registration 2014 final.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 148

Jbeckman

St. Mary's County impaired driving data:
• 48 total crashes (3.4% of overall), 73 serious injuries (8% of overall) and 4 fatalities (28.5% of overall) involved in impaired program area.
• Impaired Serious Injury and Fatal Crashes peaked on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; occurred most frequently during the months of April, June, July, August, September, October, and November; occurred most frequently during the between the times of 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. Drivers 20, 21-24 and 35-49 years of age were most frequently involved in impaired driving crashes.
• 11.3% of drivers injured in impaired driving serious injury and fatal crashes were 16-20 years of age
• 3.6% of impaired driving crashes involve motorcycles
• 8.4% of impaired driving serious injuries/fatal crashes involve motorcycles

Calvert County Impaired Driving Data:
• On average Calvert County experiences 145 total crashes (12.4% of overall), 56 serious injuries (14%) and 4 (50%) fatalities involved in Impaired Driving
• Impaired Driving Serious Injury and Fatal Crashes peaked on Thursday through Sunday
• Serious Injury and Fatal Crashes occurred most frequently during the months of April, May, August, September, and October
• Peak serious injury times were: 7:00pm to 2:00am; Fatal impaired driving crashes peaked between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m.
• The age ranges of the drivers listed as most often at-fault in the serious injury and fatal crashes were: 21-34 and 45-59 year olds. (18.8% of the at fault drivers are ages 21-24 years old)
• 76.5% of the drivers were males.
• 3.7% of the impaired driving crashes involved motorcyclists
• 16.2% of the crashes are drivers Impaired on Drugs
• 12.9% of drivers serious injured in impaired driving crashes were 20 years of age or younger

dan0623_2000

Interesting statictics It appears more males are arrested for drunk driving than females. Looks like gender profiling to me. Where's my damn lawyer?

Jbeckman

Bump! Download the pre-registration form. Have it ready to drop at the DD booth, draw for an instant prize, and help save lives.

pebbles

i won the first prize last year win win for me I was prego, took the girls over, hung out for a little bit & left. Next thing i know I had $300 check in the mail & picked up my $100 gift card from Tiki!

Jbeckman

Designate. ...print the registration form and fill it out. Bring it to the DD booth and save some time. First 150 registered at DD booth get a Tiki Bar t-shirt.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I had really thought about this and then realized I could end up with tropical vomit all over my interior. No thank you!

Jbeckman

Bump. Designate a driver. ..print the registration form and bring it to the DD booth. Quick registration. ..instant prizes...first 150 sign ups get a free tiki tee shirt...and all in drawing for grand prize.

mamatutu

mama to two
No, thank you. I agree with Prch and Fire. If you can't be responsible for yourself, then do not go. The Tiki Bar is a joke, and has been an issue for many years. Why does the Tiki bar have to arrange designated drivers? That says it all, right there. You know that many will not take advantage of that and will drive on their own. The Tiki Bar opeing is a joke, and always has been. They will make money at the risk of others. JMO Oh, I went once about 8 years ago. That is the basis for my comment. Not to mention how many LEO's they pull for the event. Stupid.

The reason I say this is I was born and raised in NOLA. A big party town, to say the least. At, Mardi Gras, I saw people stabbed at random in a crowd just because they could be. I saw people so sick from alcohol that I thought they were dead. I saw LEO overlook weed smoking because they had to get to more urgent things. I saw people having sex in the streets and people ignoring because they couldn't comprehend it. If we are not careful, our beautiful out of the way part of the country will, eventually, be corrupt as other places. jmo

Peeing in someones's yard will be a non-issue. Trust me.

Last edited:

RPMDAD

mama, sorry i have to disagree with you on this one. Sadly one big thing lacking in Calvert county and Saint Marys county is any kind of real mass transit or taxi companies. Most people i know personally always arrange their own designated driver beforehand that go to this event. I think the fact that they do try to organize a designated driver campaign is good. If you can keep 1, 2 or 10 drunk drivers off the road i think that is a good thing. Tiki Bar opening is a busy weekend for me and i have been down there for this working for at least the last 4 or 5 years. Yes the island is blanketed in LEO's and that is strictly a matter of Public Safety, to not let people get too out of control,trust me there are probably going to be checkpoints and saturation patrols set up on both sides of the bridge. I have never been to Mardi Gras before, however i understand there is a pretty large police presence there also.

mamatutu

mama to two
DAD, you make some good points. I was, also, thinking today that Tiki Bar opening is probably really good for all the businesses around Solomons. It is, also, probably not fair to compare it to Mardi Gras. I just saw a lot of bad things happen back in the day. It got so bad that our parents wouldn't allow me and my bros to go to Mardi Gras anymore, as long as we were still living with them. Thanks for your feedback!

Like the Tiki , but maybe twice a year in the afternoon. Not on opening day for sure.
There are places I like much better.

RPMDAD

Like the Tiki , but maybe twice a year in the afternoon. Not on opening day for sure.
There are places I like much better.

I remember when i worked down at PAX inthe 80's that the opening day of Tike Bar wasn't all that much of a big thing and remember stopping by there on my way home from work in the afternoon and drinking a beer or 2. I am not sure what year the opening started to explode into such a big event. However i don't think i have ever drank a mai tai there, i may have tasted a friends, i am pretty much a beer kind of guy

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I remember when i worked down at PAX inthe 80's that the opening day of Tike Bar wasn't all that much of a big thing and remember stopping by there on my way home from work in the afternoon and drinking a beer or 2. I am not sure what year the opening started to explode into such a big event. However i don't think i have ever drank a mai tai there, i may have tasted a friends, i am pretty much a beer kind of guy

Imagine the sweetest red kool aid ever and add just pinch of rotgut liquor aftertaste. BOOM! You have just imagined a mai tai. Personally I like the Tiki Lemonades, but mine are much better. I think the DD program is a good idea too. We have ours already lined up.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I don't know where you worked, but where I worked, all the 20 somethings would take a long lunch on opening day. It was none of my business, as far as I was concerned. Kids will be kids. :shrug:

RPMDAD

I don't know where you worked, but where I worked, all the 20 somethings would take a long lunch on opening day. It was none of my business, as far as I was concerned. Kids will be kids. :shrug:

I know the names have changed all over the base since i worked there, and the name of the base has changed also.. In my day C.S.D. Computer Services Directorate, S.E.T.D. Systems Engineering and Test Directorate, N.A.L.C Naval Aviation Logistical Center, T.P.D. Test Pilot Directorate, also worked at VX-1 ?? Long time ago trying to remember, don't blast me if i am a little off. The base and Lex. Park does not look the same to me at all since i worked there. I used to eat regularly at a place called The Happy Hamburger on 235, remember the Belvedere, and many other places. PS wasn't a kid when i worked at PAX.

Last edited: