Walgreens doing pet shots now?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Have they started this up there? I noticed the sign a couple of weeks ago and yesterday when I picked up a prescription I saw the price sheets on the counter at the pharmacy. Seemed a little high in prices to me. Not sure if they are doing this up there and if so how are the prices? I've always noticed vet care here is a lot less expensive than it was in Maryland.

Roman

I haven't even looked yet, but will in my travels today. I know that they sell some pet medications, and Walmart does the same. I wonder how they can work out a vaccine schedule, especially given the fact that they sell food.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Maybe they sell vaccinations but don't administer them?

I know feed stores routinely sell vaccinations that don't require a prescription. One of my sales reps has tried to talk me into selling them but I am leery especially from a liability stand point.

SugarBear47

Have they started this up there? I noticed the sign a couple of weeks ago and yesterday when I picked up a prescription I saw the price sheets on the counter at the pharmacy. Seemed a little high in prices to me. Not sure if they are doing this up there and if so how are the prices? I've always noticed vet care here is a lot less expensive than it was in Maryland.

Walgreens has a 'pet program' for prescription drugs. It is a LOT less expensive. I get my dogs insulin and syringes there...30% cheaper then Giant.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I was in our other local Walgreens today and they don't have the pet vaccines. I can't find anything on the website for the Walgreens that offers it, but next time I'm there, I'm going to get one of the flyers they had sitting on the counter. From what I read on it, they do the vaccines there. The first thing I thought was the food thing and the Health Department coming down on them for allowing pets in a store that sells food. Maybe they do them outside, but I'll get more info when I'm there. I'm curious now.