As expected, pot fries your brain

This_person

The study analyzed 20 pot smokers and 20 non-pot smokers between 18 and 25. Scientists asked them to estimate how much marijuana they smoked and how often they lit up over a three-month test period. Even those who smoked once a week showed brain abnormalities, while larger changes were seen in those who smoked more.
I'm shocked. Flabbergasted even.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm shocked. Flabbergasted even.

And this is news to???

:lol:

If I was in the beer or alcohol industry, I'd be cranking out the studies.

There isn't a single person who has smoked dope that won't readily agree it makes you lazy and complacent. That's why most of them quit a long time ago. So, what's the point? Kids shouldn't smoke dope? Shouldn't drink alcohol? Shouldn't be on Ritalin?

Agreed.

MMDad

Lem Putt
And this is news to???

:lol:

If I was in the beer or alcohol industry, I'd be cranking out the studies.

There isn't a single person who has smoked dope that won't readily agree it makes you lazy and complacent. That's why most of them quit a long time ago. So, what's the point? Kids shouldn't smoke dope? Shouldn't drink alcohol? Shouldn't be on Ritalin?

Agreed.

There are people who contend that because pot is "natural" it is not dangerous. Of course, they ignore the important facts. In it's original natural state it will not get you high. The stuff out there now has been bred to be so much more powerful that it is almost a different plant. It's not much different than genetic engineering - it's just done at the pollen level instead of the molecular level.

The important one here is that the people who grow it are already breaking the law. They have one motive, profit, and there is no oversight. There is no quality control. There's nobody saying "you can only use pesticides that have been approved for use on crops that will be consumed by humans." If a grower is looking at losing his crop to bugs, why would he be worried about the long term health effects on his users? For all you know that dime bag might be marinating in DDT.

Hank

my war
Have you ever tried wild pot? Not the cultivated stuff, but the real wild growing stuff. The only way you get high is by smoking enough to get CO poisining.

Even the weed that is cultivated is still natural. Depends on the strain of the seed. You can stick a seed from a good strain in the ground and not even touch it and it will have potency.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Even the weed that is cultivated is still natural. Depends on the strain of the seed. You can stick a seed from a good strain in the ground and not even touch it and it will have potency.

I understand that. I'm not talking about stray seeds from good stuff, I'm talking about the wild, natural plant.

Hank

my war
I understand that. I'm not talking about stray seeds from good stuff, I'm talking about the wild, natural plant.

My point is that any strain of weed is "natural" unless you are dousing it in PCP or other crazy chit. Yeah marijuana has been genetically engineered to be more powerful but it's still a plant.

MMDad

Lem Putt
My point is that any strain of weed is "natural" unless you are dousing it in PCP. Yeah marijuana has been genetically engineered to be more powerful but it's still a plant.

I understand that. But my point is more toward the lack of control over pesticides.

As far as "natural" goes, it does not equate to safe. Poison Ivy is natural. Alcohol is natural.

Hank

my war
I understand that. But my point is more toward the lack of control over pesticides.

As far as "natural" goes, it does not equate to safe. Poison Ivy is natural. Alcohol is natural.

Well crap, dude. You walk out your door and there are unnatural toxins in the air. Nothing is "safe".

Hank

my war
The important one here is that the people who grow it are already breaking the law. They have one motive, profit, and there is no oversight.

And this isn't true. A lot of people grow for medicinal reasons, not profit.