Maundy Thursday worship tonight 7PM

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Had to look up Maundy, but I get it. I myself tend to lean more toward a Thursday than Friday execution of Christ, simply because the timeline fits more in line with Matt 12:40. Keeping in mind the purpose of His death, burial, and resurrection, the day He was crucified is really irrelevant.

I'm sure you had a wonderful service and communion.

Zguy28

Had to look up Maundy, but I get it. I myself tend to lean more toward a Thursday than Friday execution of Christ, simply because the timeline fits more in line with Matt 12:40. Keeping in mind the purpose of His death, burial, and resurrection, the day He was crucified is really irrelevant.

I'm sure you had a wonderful service and communion.
We did.

As far as Matthew goes, while its my "favorite" gospel (not that I don't like the others), keep in mind that Matthew is not giving a strict chronology of Jesus' ministry. He re-arranges lots of stuff. I think most likely Mark is the most chronological of all of them. :buddies:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I was just referring to Matt 12:40 specifically quoting Jesus about comparing Jonah three days and nights in the belly of the whale to his upcoming three days and nights. Finally understanding that verse, to me, pretty much convinced me that a Thursday crucifixion was the most likely. Perhaps one day in glory the Lord will reveal it to us.

Heading down to Pinellas Park for the annual Bermuda Kite Day/Good Friday picnic, but looks like it will be a rainy one this year. My wife is the Bermuda side of our family.

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

Zguy28

I was just referring to Matt 12:40 specifically quoting Jesus about comparing Jonah three days and nights in the belly of the whale to his upcoming three days and nights. Finally understanding that verse, to me, pretty much convinced me that a Thursday crucifixion was the most likely. Perhaps one day in glory the Lord will reveal it to us.

Heading down to Pinellas Park for the annual Bermuda Kite Day/Good Friday picnic, but looks like it will be a rainy one this year. My wife is the Bermuda side of our family.

Happy Resurrection Sunday!
To you as well!

Looking forward to Sunrise worship in the morning!