Reid calls rancher's backers 'domestic terrorists'

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"LAS VEGAS (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is calling armed backers of a Nevada rancher "domestic terrorists" for using guns in a grazing rights battle with the federal Bureau of Land Management.

The Democrat was speaking at an event hosted by the Las Vegas Review-Journal (http://bit.ly/QrWVIj ) Thursday when he referred to Saturday's armed confrontation between BLM agents and self-described militia members supporting Bunkerville rancher Cliven Bundy. No shots were fired.

After the confrontation, the BLM released almost 400 of Bundy's cattle that had been rounded up. The BLM says its action was spurred by Bundy's failure to pay more than $1 million in grazing fees on federal land. Bundy says he doesn't recognize federal authority on the land his family has used since the 1870s.

Reid says a federal task force is being formed to resolve the dispute."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
— Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is calling armed backers of a Nevada rancher "domestic terrorists" for using guns in a grazing rights battle with the federal Bureau of Land Management.

Only a moron would bring anything else but a gun to a gun fight. The BLM brought theirs...first.

What would you bring?

mamatutu

mama to two
"LAS VEGAS (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is calling armed backers of a Nevada rancher "domestic terrorists" for using guns in a grazing rights battle with the federal Bureau of Land Management.

Harry Reid is an "elected terrorist".

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Harry Reid can suck a nut. He's another POS like our POtuS and I hope they both dibaf.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The BATF (which falls under the DOJ) illegally throws hundreds of guns over the Mexico border. An agent and hundreds of Mexicans are killed with these weapons as a result.

Benghazi is seized by terrorists for 10 hours while our government sits by and watches it happens. Four Americans are murdered.

Drones bombing another country killing countless civilians at the order of our president.

The IRS abuses their power to single out conservative groups applying for tax exempt status.

The NSA is spying on virtually every American.

Government forcing every American to buy something they may not want to buy.

Government telling law-abiding Americans they can’t be trusted with certain firearms.

Who are the terrorists?

Hijinx

The BATF (which falls under the DOJ) illegally throws hundreds of guns over the Mexico border. An agent and hundreds of Mexicans are killed with these weapons as a result.

Benghazi is seized by terrorists for 10 hours while our government sits by and watches it happens. Four Americans are murdered.

Drones bombing another country killing countless civilians at the order of our president.

The IRS abuses their power to single out conservative groups applying for tax exempt status.

The NSA is spying on virtually every American.

Government forcing every American to buy something they may not want to buy.

Government telling law-abiding Americans they can’t be trusted with certain firearms.

Who are the terrorists?

Harry Reid calls these people Domestic Terrorists for using guns.
Wait a second Harry. The guns weren't used. If they were used there would be some dead people lying around.

No: They were not used, they were simply here. Just like the guns in the hands of Harry's Police terrorists.
The Police carried their guns and their dogs to intimidate these people, but it failed they were not intimated.

Harry Reid and his Greedy son are the terrorists.
Harry has terrorized the Senate for the last 5 years. Mitch McConnell comes down with Diarrhea of fright every time Harry speaks to him.
The rest of the Republicans fear him also and even his own Democrats will not speak around the little man

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I perceive Reid's comments no more than the current narrative being thrown to the leftist media.

Bundy and the folks who came to his aid are 'domestic terrorists'.

Military members coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan are the core of the KKK.

Reveraaaand Sharpton says Obama is like Jesus as they both were 'crucified'.

Cummings states IRS investigations are nothing but a 'witch hunt'.

I would ask the Honorable Harry Reid, is everyone who disagrees with the President's and your policies 'unAmerican'?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Fear and Control Tactics 101.

Fear your government and the government controls you.

What the DC pundits seem to be ignoring, is middle America is ANGRY. Very angry. Just about everyone who is not located in a metropolitan area is sick and tired and angry and frustrated and Just like "Mad As Hell and Not Going to Take It Anymore" ANGRY.

I don't know why the jerkwads on the Hill aren't paying attention, but I personally look at the whole Bundy situtation as the tipping point. People know Bundy is in the wrong legally, but it doesn't give the government the right to strongarm, intimidate and use bully tactics. So now the line in the sand has been drawn, and Americans, not the politicians, not the weak poor huddled masses, but AMERICANS, you know the flag wavers and anthem singers, they are asking themselves and each other will they take a stand.

All the "Government" needs to do right now is push more buttons. Every Revolution throughout history has had that one spark that lit the flames, and if Reid doesn't shut up, or pushes for these individuals who stood for freedom to be treated as and labeled "terrorists"....well, stand back and watch it burn baby burn.

Perhaps nothing will come of it and individuals will fold and whimper and cry and tuck tail and run from the government and allow the entity to control the individual out of fear. And then that brings about a whole new realm of statsi in Amerika.

Pete

Repete
Reid is a tottering old fool. A throw away tool for saying what the libs really want to say but fear saying it because it will hurt their power grab. They trot Harry out there to say bombastic crap. If it slides off cool, if it creates an outrage cool because he is 150 years old and will retire soon anyway. Nevada doesn't have that many congressional districts so if the stink gets on them too no biggie.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
KeefeM20140418_low.jpg

PsyOps

Pixelated
I perceive Reid's comments no more than the current narrative being thrown to the leftist media.

Once you’re able to convince people that anyone is a terrorist you can justify military action against them… It’s unimaginable for any American to call another American a terrorist simply for standing their ground… having never fired a shot, having never harmed anyone. They only brought out the guns when the guns were thrown on them.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok, my right wing brethren.

Bundy is using public property for personal gain. He's lost in court, numerous times, over many years. His position, from a law and order view, is indefensible. Therefore, defense of him is not based on rule of law. It is based on, essentially, romantic notions of rebellion against tyranny. Likewise, Bundy the patriot, in contrast, Harry Reid makes an easy villain for our side.

Now, Occupy Wall Street; the use of public property. Not for personal gain. Standing against what they see as tyranny; Wall Street that absolutely used public money for personal gain.

The BLM is not a sympathetic organization but, they weren't just handed Bundy's cows. This confrontation has been decades in the making. Wall Street has, time and again, been bailed out at tax payer expense and not with one court challenge. Objectively, opposing Wall Street is a whole lot more justified than opposing the BLM. And supporting OWS makes a whole lot more sense for us right wingers because Wall Street took from us all. Bundy, whatever the government takes from him, impacts us not one tiny bit in comparison.

I get the romantic notions of supporting a hard working rancher and his family over unjust oppression, what little there really seems to be. And I get not wanting to support a bunch of stinky hippies. However, OWS was speaking out against a power that affects us all and Bundy is fighting back for personal gain.

How can we, objectively, support Bundy and not support OWS?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

Bundy is using public property for personal gain. He's lost in court, numerous times, over many years. His position, from a law and order view, is indefensible. Therefore, defense of him is not based on rule of law. It is based on, essentially, romantic notions of rebellion against tyranny. Likewise, Bundy the patriot, in contrast, Harry Reid makes an easy villain for our side.

Now, Occupy Wall Street; the use of public property. Not for personal gain. Standing against what they see as tyranny; Wall Street that absolutely used public money for personal gain.

The BLM is not a sympathetic organization but, they weren't just handed Bundy's cows. This confrontation has been decades in the making. Wall Street has, time and again, been bailed out at tax payer expense and not with one court challenge. Objectively, opposing Wall Street is a whole lot more justified than opposing the BLM. And supporting OWS makes a whole lot more sense for us right wingers because Wall Street took from us all. Bundy, whatever the government takes from him, impacts us not one tiny bit in comparison.

I get the romantic notions of supporting a hard working rancher and his family over unjust oppression, what little there really seems to be. And I get not wanting to support a bunch of stinky hippies. However, OWS was speaking out against a power that affects us all and Bundy is fighting back for personal gain.

Easy, don't support either. :buddies:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Communist. :coffee: