Friken Metrocast. Required install for nothing!!!!! Again!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Mother effers!!!! So, using basic, had been getting expanded for nothing, not sure why. They rearranged the channels, and that stopped. Understandable. Call to add expanded, guy says "Yep, we didnt know everybody on basic was getting expanded, so we fixed". Again, that's fine. Talk about the price of the upgrade. Then he mentions he should be able to have an installer out to set that up. ?????? Whats to set up, the only chage has been at the main office, where someone changed some code. We ask why a tech has to come out, and he says the tech has to change something in the box, which is BS, since they have not been to the box in recent memory.

"He has to check the signal and verify the channels", again, BS, the signal was just friken fine last night, and nothing physical has changed, so once they enter the commands back in the office, the signal will be fine again. The joy of a monoply, ah yes. I am perfectly capable of checking the channels just fine, but they by god will get your $70 for the install visit. I'm just as livid as the last time they pulled this crap...........

http://forums.somd.com/threads/233925-Filters-in-the-cable-box-Really?highlight=metrocast

My hair, what little is left of it, is on fire right now. So pissed at having to have this useless tech come out and pretend to do stuff.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have no idea what the heck is going on. Until this morning, there has existed this bizarre "cable neverland" where Channel X is actually Channel Y-ZZ or some crap like that. Then this morning..NOTHING works...but after some poking around we discover that the TV now responds to the old channel numbering system (requiring that we reprogram it of course). Except for the TVs in the shop which are on Basic...they have nothing now..squat...nada.

And those morons at Metrocast wonder why we decided not to convert our business phone and Internet to their system.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Wow. You have cable.

We don't. They won't service our little neighborhood, although I can look out from my front porch to see the neighborhood near us, and know that they get cable.

glhs837

Power with Control
That bizarre neverland is whats called a QAM tuner, that deciphers the "fractional" channels that the cable system uses to feed the cable boxes, you mean stuff like 101-2, 0r 55-6, right? Whats happened is that they have wiped those out somehow. You can get a guide for them here. This first list is for the TVs with a cable box, or even the tiny digital to analog converter.

http://www.metrocast.com/channel_lineup.cfm

Now, TVs with QAM tuners, those that had the bizarre channels, here's the new list for them. But you get them unless you pony up for expanded basic. You will need to do a full channel scan to see them.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wow. You have cable.

We don't. They won't service our little neighborhood, although I can look out from my front porch to see the neighborhood near us, and know that they get cable.

I guess when the set up this little road (1/4 mile long), the five families paid to have the cable run down the road.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I guess when the set up this little road (1/4 mile long), the five families paid to have the cable run down the road.
Yeah, when we approached MetroCast about getting cable run to our house, we were given a $17,000 estimate.

Not gonna happen. :nomoney:

MarieB

Our Internet and phone line has been off and on for days, and the tv in the play room (we don't pay for a box for this one) once again shows something about the digital signal being too week

Tell them you're not paying any fees or you'll switch.

glhs837

Power with Control
Our Internet and phone line has been off and on for days, and the tv in the play room (we don't pay for a box for this one) once again shows something about the digital signal being too week

Tell them you're not paying any fees or you'll switch.

To what? Satellite, where I cant get internet, and whose packages are similarly priced? Still have to get net through Metrocast.

Thats nice aps, but isnt down here, and the channels are pretty slim. If all I wanted was broadcast, I would go straight stick antenna.

Folks, I don't mind paying for what I get, my issue is paying a tech $70 to come out here for no other reason than they are forcing me. The fact that they straight up lie about why he needs to come here pisses me off. Because he doesn't need to come here at all. And I hate being lied to.

CrashTest

A while back I was having signal issues which I knew was related to something outside in their pedestal. They wanted to charge me saying the issue was with my inside wiring because of "tests" they did from the central office. I don't have a maint contract for inside wiring.

I took my TV and set it up in the front yard hooked directly to outside cable and told them to fix it to there and I'll deal with my inside wiring "issues".

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That bizarre neverland is whats called a QAM tuner, that deciphers the "fractional" channels that the cable system uses to feed the cable boxes, you mean stuff like 101-2, 0r 55-6, right? Whats happened is that they have wiped those out somehow. You can get a guide for them here. This first list is for the TVs with a cable box, or even the tiny digital to analog converter.

Now, TVs with QAM tuners, those that had the bizarre channels, here's the new list for them. But you get them unless you pony up for expanded basic. You will need to do a full channel scan to see them.

I see that list is dated April 15...so now we know what happened. Nice of them to notify us in advance that they were changing. Not.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow. You have cable.

We've had cable service on the island for a looong time...more than 20 years. Weird how the cable company(s) decided what areas to wire and which not.

Pete

Repete
Mother effers!!!! So, using basic, had been getting expanded for nothing, not sure why. They rearranged the channels, and that stopped. Understandable. Call to add expanded, guy says "Yep, we didnt know everybody on basic was getting expanded, so we fixed". Again, that's fine. Talk about the price of the upgrade. Then he mentions he should be able to have an installer out to set that up. ?????? Whats to set up, the only chage has been at the main office, where someone changed some code. We ask why a tech has to come out, and he says the tech has to change something in the box, which is BS, since they have not been to the box in recent memory.

"He has to check the signal and verify the channels", again, BS, the signal was just friken fine last night, and nothing physical has changed, so once they enter the commands back in the office, the signal will be fine again. The joy of a monoply, ah yes. I am perfectly capable of checking the channels just fine, but they by god will get your $70 for the install visit. I'm just as livid as the last time they pulled this crap...........

http://forums.somd.com/threads/233925-Filters-in-the-cable-box-Really?highlight=metrocast

My hair, what little is left of it, is on fire right now. So pissed at having to have this useless tech come out and pretend to do stuff.

It is irritating they feel the need and have the liberty to gouge people for uneeded service. "Connection fee" Really! It is already connected!

Chris0nllyn

Unless they need to change the CableCARD, they shouldn't have to come to your house.

I've had to literally scream at Comcast before. I know they porobably talk to a lot of dumbasses all day, and they have to read down their list card of topics, but come on....I explain to you that I've done all the testing, I've replaced all the ends, and that I used to install cable/sat/internet/phone/theaters/smarthomes/etc. and they want to charge me to bring a tech out.

I don't need a damn tech, I need you to fix your pedestal.

glhs837

Power with Control
When they played this crap last time, I was over top with rage. It just kept getting worse as they upped the punishment factor.

Chris0nllyn

When they played this crap last time, I was over top with rage. It just kept getting worse as they upped the punishment factor.

I've had guys tell me I'm saving money by paying more.

I was screaming at the guy, "How the hell can you tell me I've saving money by paying $10 more per month"?

MMDad

Lem Putt
I've had guys tell me I'm saving money by paying more.

I was screaming at the guy, "How the hell can you tell me I've saving money by paying $10 more per month"?

With Comcast I wanted to reduce my bill, so I called to have them remove services and devices. They ended up adding a bunch of stuff, installing new DVRs, and cutting $60/month off my bill. But it cost me $35 for installation.

Chris0nllyn

With Comcast I wanted to reduce my bill, so I called to have them remove services and devices. They ended up adding a bunch of stuff, installing new DVRs, and cutting $60/month off my bill. But it cost me $35 for installation.

:lol:

I had the guy tell me, "I can only upgrade, and I'm not allowed to remove services"

They automatically "upgraded my account" when I called tech support one day and when I called to get me back on the plan I was on before they upgraded without notice, that's when the dumbass at Comcast told me that.

My blood pressure was through the roof that day, and now I try not to call Comcast for anything.