Outlook won't send emails

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I recently changed over from Metrocast internet to Verizon and now Outlook won't send emails from my somd.com accounts. Gmail POP account works fine coming and going, but somd.com outgoing gives up an error that the server can't be found.

I tried to change the smtp settings to Verizon's settings, but it doesn't like that either. The test email says it's working, but he a lie because it won't really send an actual email.

Any suggestions?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'm sure you did this -
On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
Select your ISP account, and then click Change.
Under Server Information, change the Incoming mail server (POP3) text box to the new server information provided by your ISP.
Under Server Information, change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text box to the new server information provided by your ISP.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That could be your problem. Try something different, like 465.

I tried that with smtp.verizon.net as the outgoing, and the test said it worked but in real life email sending it coughs up an error.

I'll try it with 465 and somd outgoing, see what happens.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are like 2,385 Verizon "help" pages on the internet supposedly dealing with this issue, and every single one of them says something different.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
No, you said you forgot the connection parameters and I gave you the ones that we have used for 18 years. Then I also sent you the ones for secure connections.

I was going to suggest that some ISPs are paranoid and prevent outgoing port 25 connections to servers other than their own. But, I didn't want to confuse matters if that wasn't the case and figured you would write back if there were problems. You write back "Thanks!" so I assumed it worked. :)

P.S. Sorry, hit edit instead of reply :eek:uch: