7.1 million - 8 million - -

SamSpade

Can someone explain to me where these numbers are coming from? It was just about a month ago they really weren't sure about anything. Now somehow, they know exactly how many there are.

So if they know all this - can they say how many have actually paid? How many are just added to Medicaid? How many people signed on that didn't have any healthcare before, and not just the
poor fools who signed up because they got kicked off the one they had?

I'm just amazed that all through October, through Christmas, the New Year - Sebelius on late night talk shows - no one really knew how many.
Now they can't wait to celebrate their victory lap.

My gut tells me - there's gonna be another lie of the year coming, because I think they've stretched this one as far as it can go.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Can someone explain to me where these numbers are coming from? .

This is sad and this is pathetic and this is the way it is;

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...esident_intentionally_baited_republicans.html

Under this approach, a president wants the fact-checkers to call him out (again and again) because that hubbub keeps the issue in the news, which is good for promoting the issue to the public. It is the political equivalent of “there is no such thing as bad publicity” or the quote attributed to Mae West (and others): “I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right.” The tactic represents one more step in the embrace of cynicism that has characterized President Obama's journey in office.