Free Speech Phft .....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Peoria Mayor Sends Police to Track Down Twitter Parodist

Jim Ardis, mayor of Peoria, Illinois, ordered police to track down whoever was responsible for a parody Twitter account mocking him.

As a result, police raided a West Bluff home, seized property, and detained three people for questioning. The Twitter account, @PeoriaMayor, has been suspended. According to the Journal Star, the account had all of 50 posts and an equal number of followers. The Twitter profile apparently did not initially indicate that it was a parody account, but added that label in early March.

The label was hardly necessary, though, to prevent reader confusion. The Journal Star explains that "police were informed of the account by Ardis on March 12. The tweets implied 'Mayor Ardis utilizes illegal drugs, associates with prostitutes and utilized offensive inappropriate language,' according to an affidavit filed for the warrant." Who would actually believe such tweets were coming from the mayor? Well, maybe residents of Toronto.

Nevertheless, police raided this home and intend to charge whoever was responsible for the account for false impersonation of a public official. The police chief also doesn't think it was obvious the account was a parody and thinks the impersonator "went to great lengths to make it appear it was actually from the mayor."

totally-not-jim-ardis-guys-1.jpg

nobody mentions political affiliation - aka the party must be a Democrat :shrug:

THE POLICE RAIDED MY FRIEND'S HOUSE OVER A PARODY TWITTER ACCOUNT

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Your second link sounds a lot like the recent case of an innocent man in Southern Maryland who had his firearms unlawfully confiscated during a midnight raid on his home. Took over six weeks to clear up that authoritarian SNAFU. Only difference is the press hasn't decided to report on this one yet.

tommyjo

nobody mentions political affiliation - aka the party must be a Democrat :shrug:

Instead of doing your usual whining, why don't you do a search on the guy?

If you can find the most obscure references on the internet to support your hatred of the country, why can't you do a search to confirm or deny your pissy little comment?

Salvador

One Nation Under God
Your second link sounds a lot like the recent case of an innocent man in Southern Maryland who had his firearms unlawfully confiscated during a midnight raid on his home. Took over six weeks to clear up that authoritarian SNAFU. Only difference is the press hasn't decided to report on this one yet.

You believed that hogwash story! Fool!

:killingme :killingme :killingme

:popcorn:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I do not need to research anything, of the guy was a Republican, it would be splashed all over the news along with his name ... along with right wing fascist

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You believed that hogwash story! Fool!

:killingme :killingme :killingme

Almost as crazy as some total loon claiming to sleep with a gun under his pillow because he was scared of the neighbors. Nuts...right? Especially when you consider that even stating that is now practically legal grounds for having the firearm confiscated by MSP.

Last edited:

Salvador

One Nation Under God
Almost as crazy as some total loon claiming to sleep with a gun under his pillow because he was scared of the neighbors. Nuts...right? Especially when you consider that even stating that is now practically legal grounds for having the firearm confiscated by MSP.

Almost.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
ooo. Such a zinger. Ya got me. You must instinctively know how sensitive someone who has been bald for almost 30 years would be about it. Oh...wait....:lmao:

:roflmao: Gilligan, give "it" a break. It probably has a sorry little life in mama's basement and needs a :poorbaby:.

justiceforall

Who did that happen to? Do you have a link where I can find it?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Who did that happen to? Do you have a link where I can find it?

Actually I do know of this case and the family involved has asked not to divulge their personal information until they OK it. BTW: If the media are ignoring this case, where do you propose a link would lead?