Jenn Air Stoves

frequentflier

happy to be living
We recently talked to someone that swears by the brand. The stove they have is finally "slowing down" after many years of use. I know they are expensive and honestly, I am not concerned about the price if it is a well made, high quality product that holds up longer than others.
Interested in people that have had them and the best place to purchase.
Thanks.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We recently talked to someone that swears by the brand. The stove they have is finally "slowing down" after many years of use. I know they are expensive and honestly, I am not concerned about the price if it is a well made, high quality product that holds up longer than others.
Interested in people that have had them and the best place to purchase.
Thanks.
My mom had a JennAir and loved it, which prompted me to get a JennAir in one of my prior homes. I loved it, too.

My current house has a JennAir that we bought at an appliance store in Annapolis during one of their "end of season" sales.....we bought it for just over half of what the original price was (+/- $7500). I love, love, love my stove and oven, and have used it faithfully for the past two years. I cook a lot, and bake a lot, so it does get a fair amount of use. I've never had a problem with it, other than being an idiot when I tried to use the self-cleaning feature and forgetting how to use it (the downside of buying a floor model is not getting all of the owners manuals to go with it).....once Bob figured out what I was doing wrong, the self-cleaning feature worked perfectly.

I have a six burner gas range, with an electric convection oven.

You are welcome to come down and check it out if you'd like. :yay:

dgates80

Land of the lost
Seems to me I saw some low end JennAir at Sears.

Unlikely, they are higher end and Sears has brother-in-law deals with the big brands, - and probably not Jennair. Going to go up to either Annapolis or Waldorf to Bray & Scarff and have a look see. One big feature, is a "downdraft ventilation" feature. No over the stove hood needed. Comments on the downdraft vent feature, anyone?

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Unlikely, they are higher end and Sears has brother-in-law deals with the big brands, - and probably not Jennair. Going to go up to either Annapolis or Waldorf to Bray & Scarff and have a look see. One big feature, is a "downdraft ventilation" feature. No over the stove hood needed. Comments on the downdraft vent feature, anyone?

Look under your present range location and make sure your joists are workable to be able to run the vent outside. I installed a few of these yrs ago and can see where installing one that isn't a new construction project could have issues with the venting.

Dukesdad

Like all brands, they have varied levels of products. I have an electric range with a gas stovetop. I wish I had spent more on the stovetop.