235 and 4 pretty messed up

Traffic to bridge is backed up and an accident has 2 NB lanes blocked and one left turn lane unto rte 4 both ways

BernieP

Resident PIA
had to "commute" via the "bridge" for a bit. After my brief experience with "rush hour" traffic it's no wonder there are accidents almost every day.
People are retarded, actually calling some of the driving that is an insult to the mentally handicaped.
If you are that "screerd" to drive on the brindge - DON'T.
Biggest single problem seems to be the idiots who can't get up to speed and then suddenly drop their speed to 20 MPH less than the posted limit.

Vince

had to "commute" via the "bridge" for a bit. After my brief experience with "rush hour" traffic it's no wonder there are accidents almost every day.
People are retarded, actually calling some of the driving that is an insult to the mentally handicaped.
Biggest single problem seems to be the idiots who can't get up to speed and then suddenly drop their speed to 20 MPH less than the posted limit.
:yeahthat: The "I'm scared of the bridge" people. And then there are my favorites, "the tailgaters." These are the idiots that cause the rear end collisions on the bridge. Hate tailgaters.

:shrug: But I really wanted to get a good view of Solomons.....

BernieP

Resident PIA
:yeahthat: The "I'm scared of the bridge" people. And then there are my favorites, "the tailgaters." These are the idiots that cause the rear end collisions on the bridge. Hate tailgaters.

yep, people coming down RT 4 should expect to come to an abrupt halt where there is no light or signal, not even a cross road.
Yes, they should be in control of their vehicle, but I'd say 99% is being caught off guard with the unexpected and sudden drop in speed.

awpitt

Main Streeter
If you are that "screerd" to drive on the brindge - DON'T.Biggest single problem seems to be the idiots who can't get up to speed and then suddenly drop their speed to 20 MPH less than the posted limit.

I know what you mean. The width of the travel lane is the same before the bridge and on the bridge. There's no reason why people need to slow down suddenly. Like you siad, if they're scared, don't drive acrosss the bridge.

dan0623_2000

I drive the scenic bridge route everyday and actually there are very few accidents. A lot if idiot drivers especially the ones that drive north on 235 then turn right onto northbound 4 and don't realize or comprehend that have to merge into traffic.