Static shocks

Haven't been getting them much, but when I go to wash my hands I get one from the water coming out. Just a small one. Any ideas?

bilbur

Haven't been getting them much, but when I go to wash my hands I get one from the water coming out. Just a small one. Any ideas?

I believe that the static charge is coming from you and the water is creating a ground. The static could be caused by dry air, slippers on carpet, etc...

I believe that the static charge is coming from you and the water is creating a ground. The static could be caused by dry air, slippers on carpet, etc...

Usually when it is dry I get shocked by every dang thing I touch. People must think I have some sort of disorder because I always tap door handles at stores etc. with my knuckle or a key before opening them. Point is it doesn't have to be a grounded object to give you a shock. Why you can shuffle your feet and touch someone on the ear that is peacefully reading or napping. It's not a good idea though.

BOP

Usually when it is dry I get shocked by every dang thing I touch. People must think I have some sort of disorder because I always tap door handles at stores etc. with my knuckle or a key before opening them. Point is it doesn't have to be a grounded object to give you a shock. Why you can shuffle your feet and touch someone on the ear that is peacefully reading or napping. It's not a good idea though.

It's not just you, dude. For about 7 or 8 months out of the year, I'm doing the same thing. Tap my computer case before I grab my CAC, and so on. In fact, knock on metal, the shocks just recently stopped within the last week or so. They'll start up again around mid- to late September/early October.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
This year I kept a humidifier running next to the furnace cold-air return grate enough to maintain household relative humidity above 27-30%. Surprisingly, none of the static electricity shock around the house like we usually get in the winter time.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
It's not just you, dude. For about 7 or 8 months out of the year, I'm doing the same thing. Tap my computer case before I grab my CAC, and so on. In fact, knock on metal, the shocks just recently stopped within the last week or so. They'll start up again around mid- to late September/early October.
Check your shoes.