Unfaithful partner, what to do

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
OK, so your partner was unfaithful. They swear to you that it was a 1 time thing. Promise never to partake of the forbidden fruit again.

What do you do? Forgive them or toss them to the curb?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
OK, so your partner was unfaithful. They swear to you that it was a 1 time thing. Promise never to partake of the forbidden fruit again.

What do you do? Forgive them or toss them to the curb?

Such a choice, much like abort or not abort......If a male is involved as the unfaithful, he be the loser no matter what. Same thing on abortion.:strangle:

Might as well get it going.

KDENISE977

Easy, he'd be curbed....along with the trash. I don't think any amount of therapy or convincing would ever regain the trust. JMO :cheers:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Easy, he'd be curbed....along with the trash. I don't think any amount of therapy or convincing would ever regain the trust. JMO :cheers:

Your opinion is good. I believe as well the trust would be gone. Forgive - yes. Forget? Almost impossible, and if you cannot forget, move on.

So you know for sure that it is a "he" that transgressed? What about womenfolk?

mamatutu

mama to two
All I know is that an outsider sees the black/white of it all. The person experiencing it has the emotional involvement which is gray. Even if the wounded person knows his/her friends are right, or looking out for him/her, the love part gets in the way. Eventually, the wounded person will get it; it just depends on how long it takes. I, also, know that once a cheater, always a cheater. Those feathers never change. I have always wished there was a fast forward to real life; that would save a lot of the sad down time. JMO.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
All I know is that an outsider sees the black/white of it all. The person experiencing it has the emotional involvement which is gray. Even if the wounded person knows his/her friends are right, or looking out for him/her, the love part gets in the way. Eventually, the wounded person will get it; it just depends on how long it takes. I, also, know that once a cheater, always a cheater. Those feathers never change. I have always wished there was a fast forward to real life; that would save a lot of the sad down time. JMO.

Don't wish your life away, take the good, the bad and the ugly. Enjoy the good, learn from the bad and avoid the ugly. I wouldn't change a thing about my life, even the bad parts. I have always live by the expression "everything happens for a reason".

MMM_donuts

Well, I'm sure this will float like a lead balloon but I'm going to be super serious and honest.

If by unfaithful you mean a sexual affair, then that's not viewed as a transgression in our marriage. If the urge strikes, it doesn't have to be hidden, lied about, or guilt ridden.

If by unfaithful you mean him knowingly committing an act that we have previously, clearly deemed blatantly disrespectful or a breech of trust, I'd have to leave.

mamatutu

mama to two
Don't wish your life away, take the good, the bad and the ugly. Enjoy the good, learn from the bad and avoid the ugly. I wouldn't change a thing about my life, even the bad parts. I have always live by the expression "everything happens for a reason".

You just described everybody's life! Good for you Kat! You are an example of you don't know the person that is going through the whatever. If you are that strong that you can turn it on or off that easily, I applaud you! I don' wish my life away. It is too short as it is. I have said the 'fast forward' thing to my friends that have gone through bad times. So, since we are talking, what new job did you interview for? Good for you again! I hope you get it. I just volunteer for now, but it would be nice to get a real job again! :lol:

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Good for you Kat! You are an example of you don't know the person that is going through the whatever. If you are that strong that you can turn it on or off that easily, I applaud you! I don' wish my life away. It is too short as it is. I have said the 'fast forward' thing to my friends that have gone through bad times. So, since we are talking, what new job did you interview for? Good for you again! I hope you get it. I just volunteer for now, but it would be nice to get a real job again! :lol:

Hey guess what, my ex cheated on me and I didn't kick him to the curb, I threw him to the curb, after that I met the most wonderful man in the world. The reason I believe that everything happens for a reason. And if you didn't get it, I was trying to be nice by saying not to wish your life away, but as usual you show your true colors and come out like the patronizing bitch you are.

Pete

Repete
Well, I'm sure this will float like a lead balloon but I'm going to be super serious and honest.

If by unfaithful you mean a sexual affair, then that's not viewed as a transgression in our marriage. If the urge strikes, it doesn't have to be hidden, lied about, or guilt ridden.

If by unfaithful you mean him knowingly committing an act that we have previously, clearly deemed blatantly disrespectful or a breech of trust, I'd have to leave.
Get many PM's yet?

mamatutu

mama to two
Hey guess what, my ex cheated on me and I didn't kick him to the curb, I threw him to the curb, after that I met the most wonderful man in the world. The reason I believe that everything happens for a reason. And if you didn't get it, I was trying to be nice by saying not to wish your life away, but as usual you show your true colors and come out like the patronizing bitch you are.

Nope, you are not pulling that card again, Kat. I was nice, too. Where did the bitch thing come from? And, really whom is being patronizing? I too believe everything happens for a reason, and repeat that almost every day. It must be interpretation and all which causes you/I a failure to communicate. It seems we both had the same experience with ex's and new hubs. Please let me know how I should word my responses as not to offend you. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:coffee: