Health Insurance

ginwoman

Have been on-line getting (or attempting to get) quotes for a family member. What a joke!! So far it appears that the only carrier in MD is Care First with higher prices and higher deductible than what they are paying now. This stinks big time. This is so ridiculous....why couldn't people see what was coming? I'm not overly educated but I knew this was going to happen. Grrrrrrrrr sorry rant over

mamatutu

mama to two
Have been on-line getting (or attempting to get) quotes for a family member. What a joke!! So far it appears that the only carrier in MD is Care First with higher prices and higher deductible than what they are paying now. This stinks big time. This is so ridiculous....why couldn't people see what was coming? I'm not overly educated but I knew this was going to happen. Grrrrrrrrr sorry rant over

So, there is only one insurance company choice for Obamacare/Maryland? Wow.

We don't have to worry about signing up through the exchange because hub has insurance through his company. But, I am sure our day will come. I hope everyone has enough money left to pay their mortgage, car note, etc. Obamacare is certainly a hardship for many, just to help out a few that need it, and many that are already conditioned to free stuff. Between Obamacare and Common Core, Americans will become zombie robots, and do as the government says. Sad, indeed.

tommyjo

Instead of going on-line, why don't you seek the assistance of a qualified health insurance professional?

So, there is only one insurance company choice for Obamacare/Maryland? Wow.

We don't have to worry about signing up through the exchange because hub has insurance through his company. But, I am sure our day will come. I hope everyone has enough money left to pay their mortgage, car note, etc. Obamacare is certainly a hardship for many, just to help out a few that need it, and many that are already conditioned to free stuff. Between Obamacare and Common Core, Americans will become zombie robots, and do as the government says. Sad, indeed.

I'm not sure where ginwoman is looking on-line, and it may be different now that we're out of the open enrollment period, but I can say that there was more than one provider offering plans through Maryland's on-line exchange. There were several, though I don't recall whether it was 3 or 5 or how many as it's been a while and noting the number of providers wasn't my main goal when I was on the site. It's possible though, depending on how specific you set your filter criteria, that plans from only one provider would show up.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
The question next is which one of those insurance companies (Kaiser permanente, United health care, Care first, Evergreen) has a doctor in St Mary's? I'm curious.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
There is more than one insurance company in Maryland. Give Raley Watts & O'Neil a call. They will be able to offer assistance.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The question next is which one of those insurance companies (Kaiser permanente, United health care, Care first, Evergreen) has a doctor in St Mary's? I'm curious.

Both Untied HC and BCBS CF are widley accepted in St. Mary's.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Where were you "online" trying for quotes. Care First is not the only health ins company in MD.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Evergreen Health is a fairly new (2010) Health Insurance Coop in Maryland. My primary physician accepts Evergreen. I'd be interested to hear from anyone that is a member what they think about it.