Motorcycle Accident

PsyOps

Pixelated
This morning around 5:30 on NB rt 4 before Dower House Rd in the left lane. Saw a guy on the ground and his bike destroyed. It could have been potholes, since there are so many of them, but it looked like another vehicle might have been involved, and they've scraped the road to prepare for repaving; so there aren't very many potholes now. Praying the biker is okay.

I really wish everyone would slow down.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This morning around 5:30 on NB rt 4 before Dower House Rd in the left lane. Saw a guy on the ground and his bike destroyed. It could have been potholes, since there are so many of them, but it looked like another vehicle might have been involved, and they've scraped the road to prepare for repaving; so there aren't very many potholes now. Praying the biker is okay.

I really wish everyone would slow down.

It is going to be a nasty summer for bike wrecks because of that very thing; potholes. The roads all over the region are a MESS after this winter.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It is going to be a nasty summer for bike wrecks because of that very thing; potholes. The roads all over the region are a MESS after this winter.

Well, they have scraped that part of 4 to prep for repaving, but you know how that is, full of groves and uneven pavement. I don't know if you've been on this section where they're doing the road/bridge work, but it's one continuous pothole after another. They fill them and they pop right back out. This section has always been really bad, but with the construction it's just gotten worse and dangerous.

I'm seeing accidents all up and down rt 4 almost daily. It just gave me a queasy feeling seeing that guy laying on the ground.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well, they have scraped that part of 4 to prep for repaving, but you know how that is, full of groves and uneven pavement. I don't know if you've been on this section where they're doing the road/bridge work, but it's one continuous pothole after another. They fill them and they pop right back out. This section has always been really bad, but with the construction it's just gotten worse and dangerous.

I'm seeing accidents all up and down rt 4 almost daily. It just gave me a queasy feeling seeing that guy laying on the ground.

Haven't been down there in ages. I'm feeling the need for a trip to Broome's Island or the Pier.

That stuff is nasty but, manageable. It will get some decent riders but, it will gobble up noobs, especially ones with no dirt bike background. If I were in charge, I'd mandate a dirt bike course and some experience or demonstrate that skill before I let anyone have a street license.

Of course, I'd also mandate that everyone HAS to ride a bike for a year before moving on to cars.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Haven't been down there in ages. I'm feeling the need for a trip to Broome's Island or the Pier.

That stuff is nasty but, manageable. It will get some decent riders but, it will gobble up noobs, especially ones with no dirt bike background. If I were in charge, I'd mandate a dirt bike course and some experience or demonstrate that skill before I let anyone have a street license.

Of course, I'd also mandate that everyone HAS to ride a bike for a year before moving on to cars.

Now that's funny.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Well, they have scraped that part of 4 to prep for repaving, but you know how that is, full of groves and uneven pavement.

The tend to leave a lot of debris when they mill the pavement. You end up with the grooved part having great traction, then suddenly you're in the loose stuff, then back to grip. If you don't know how to handle it, or are not paying attention, it's easy to lose it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

Mandate, mandate, mandate, and I thought you were a limited government type.