Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Athletes and the law thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Right, so, for the Redskins then, naturally... see my point?
    Claro
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

2. 02-26-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    I heard the cowboys were interested.

I Need a Life
    I'll be honest. I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions get him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SG_Player1974 View Post
    I'll be honest. I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions get him.
    Maybe AP can take his switch to Suh when he intentionally steps on someone.

I Need a Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Maybe AP can take his switch to Suh when he intentionally steps on someone.
    The Lions won't have to worry about Suh pretty soon. He will be someone else's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SG_Player1974 View Post

The Lions won't have to worry about Suh pretty soon. He will be someone else's problem.
    Skins are talking with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Skins are talking with him.
    The test starts now for McCloughen. Avoiding this, trading the #5 for more picks OR making sure it goes for an OUTSTANDING young lineman and not a WR or D lineman.

Suh looks like a FABULOUS free agent because he's in his absolute prime and is simply an overwhelming player and the money is there; SOMEONE is going to pay him $100 mil so, he is 'market' priced. There is no other player available who will instantly make a bad team's defense clearly better. There is no QB that will have as much impact on a bad team because they rely too much on a good O line and skill people. There is no skill player, not a Dez or Peterson or anyone, who can make a team better by himself. Suh makes the Redskins defense above average right here, right now. He is THE free agent since perhaps Reggie White.

He is, obviously, a terrible choice if you are trying to build a TEAM but he is everything you look for if you want sizzle and attention, our MO for the last 20 years. The only people who could get him cheap are someone he wants to join to be part of a Super bowl. That ain't us so, it will be the full $100 mil and who knows what else.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

I Need a Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    The test starts now for McCloughen. Avoiding this, trading the #5 for more picks OR making sure it goes for an OUTSTANDING young lineman and not a WR or D lineman.

Suh looks like a FABULOUS free agent because he's in his absolute prime and is simply an overwhelming player and the money is there; SOMEONE is going to pay him $100 mil so, he is 'market' priced. There is no other player available who will instantly make a bad team's defense clearly better. There is no QB that will have as much impact on a bad team because they rely too much on a good O line and skill people. There is no skill player, not a Dez or Peterson or anyone, who can make a team better by himself. Suh makes the Redskins defense above average right here, right now. He is THE free agent since perhaps Reggie White.

He is, obviously, a terrible choice if you are trying to build a TEAM but he is everything you look for if you want sizzle and attention, our MO for the last 20 years. The only people who could get him cheap are someone he wants to join to be part of a Super bowl. That ain't us so, it will be the full $100 mil and who knows what else.
    Sorry Larry but I think you are putting Suh on too large of a pedestal. He is no where near as good a player as JJ Watt. Suh has averaged like 7 sacks per year. He has 1 interception in his career and has only averaged less than 35 total tackles per year. For an inside lineman those are no the best numbers.

Sure he was double teamed a lot but players demanding 100-mil should be showing better performance than that. I am a Lions fan but, I never bought into the Suh phenomenon. To me, he was just an average lineman. He did his job and helped the team but I do not think he is as big a player as you and others are making him out to be.

Blog Entries

49er's Miller arrested for spousal abuse

Another NFL tough guy.

San Francisco fullback Bruce Miller was arrested Thursday on misdemeanor charge of spousal battery, according to the Santa Clara Police arrest log.
    Players gone wild

mug shot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miller-bruce-mugshot-49ers.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	107199

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Another NFL'er being shot, was also arrested in Jan on weapons charge:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6827676.html

I guess cars NFL players ride in just get shot at and the driver killed for no reason.

"While it likely didn't play a major role in the Jets' decision to part ways, Johnson also was arrested in Orlando in January on a misdemeanor weapons charge."
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Members who have read this thread: 36