Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wind Farms in Somerset County

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    There may be some truth to this. I know when I was designing cellular repeaters on base near the flight line, it was clear that the rotary wings caused havoc with reception.
    You had the same problem as the radars will, but it's got nothing to do with vibrations. You've got a rotating reflecting surface scattering the signal.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    You had the same problem as the radars will, but it's got nothing to do with vibrations. You've got a rotating reflecting surface scattering the signal.
    Yes. Exactly. I interpreted 'vibrations' as 'interference patterns'.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Yes. Exactly. I interpreted 'vibrations' as 'interference patterns'.
    Yep. What shed vortices and Karman streets cause... Not that the "enviro papparazi" would have the slightest clue.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Yep, they will generate "turbine clutter". And with the turbines being in the 600 foot tall range they have about a 40 mile line of sight range to a radar at 50 feet, so they will definitely impact radars at Pax.

Quote Originally Posted by intertidal View Post
    The issue with the radar interference has to do with the vibrations and their frequencies. However, the massive Cove Point liquefaction compressors will produce very similar vibrations. Yet the local pols support Dominion's plans - despite the serious risks to residents. Perhaps the essential difference in political acceptance between the two plans is really more about political "donations" and lobbying activity.
    As someone who has worked with radar for more than 30 years, I can tell you that you are 100% clueless. You could have 10,000 chicks light off their BOBs at once and it would not affect radar in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Ok, I am wrong.

Moral of story - don't repeat what someone tells ya'.
    My final post.

Quote Originally Posted by intertidal View Post
    Moral of story - don't repeat what someone tells ya'.
    My final post.

oh you can quote several of the posters in this thread, they are Engineers
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

And this sort of interference from the wind turbine generators is what has Central City, PA in an uproar over the windfarms affecting their farms, wildlife and human health...

Kay Armstrong, who lives near a wind farm in Ontario, Canada, has reported that her home is now “virtually uninhabitable” due to the infrasound from the turbines disturbing her sleep and making her feel dizzy. She also says that local deer are agitated and awake all night, that birds are flying around all day rather than going to roost, and that seals in the area are suffering miscarriages.

In another instance in Canada, an emu farm had to close after its animals started becoming aggressive and losing weight when wind turbines were installed nearby. Something similar happened in Taiwan in 2009, when about 400 goats died from exhaustion due to being unable to sleep thanks to noise from a nearby wind farm.

An academic study from Portugal also blamed wind turbines for deformities in foals born nearby, while an Australian vet said working dogs living near a wind farm were exhibiting unusual behaviour, often refusing to work or even get out of their kennels.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...nish-Mink-Farm
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

All I know is I wouldn't want to live near wind turbines. And that's a fact, Jack.
    *Disclaimer: My online conversation and comments to you in no way imply that I am actually interested in you.*

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    She also says that local deer are agitated and awake all night, that birds are flying around all day rather than going to roost,
    Deer are nocturnal. They don't sleep much at night. Birds are usually awake during the day to feed, except owls and such.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 32