Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wind Farms in Somerset County

Man, I'm still here !!!
    pretty sure NAVAIR put in their two cents to not build there, We'll see If Trump cares as much as he says about defense.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Wonder if Governor Hogan can put a stop to it, or if wont due to it not being worth his political capital. Also wonder in Trump era Feds might not disapprove of it.
    There has a been a sudden burst of activity in the infant large offshore wind farm activity in along the eastern coast, with several of the major players in European and Scandinavian wind energy sector winning the lease auctions here in the US. MD, NJ, NY all let major offshore tracts.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    There has a been a sudden burst of activity in the infant large offshore wind farm activity in along the eastern coast, with several of the major players in European and Scandinavian wind energy sector winning the lease auctions here in the US. MD, NJ, NY all let major offshore tracts.

Dem states trying to lock in stuff contractually so the TrumpFed cant block them?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Dem states trying to lock in stuff contractually so the TrumpFed cant block them?
    I see no evidence of that. What I see are seriously experienced foreign operators coming here to buy up US offshore leases and set up big wind farms...for real. I have to admit I didn't think that would happen...
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I see no evidence of that. What I see are seriously experienced foreign operators coming here to buy up US offshore leases and set up big wind farms...for real. I have to admit I didn't think that would happen...
    Can those guys hack it if subsidies go away?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Can those guys hack it if subsidies go away?
    That is exactly what they are banking on. This is real money..not the totally wasted crap that has characterized all US offshore wind farm activity to this point. The reductions in operational overheads they've achieved in Europe the last few years are nothing short of stunning...defied all predictions.

That is exactly what they are banking on. This is real money..not the totally wasted crap that has characterized all US offshore wind farm activity to this point. The reductions in operational overheads they've achieved in Europe the last few years are nothing short of stunning...defied all predictions.
    Sustainable, though? Long term maint upkeep, that sort of thing?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Sustainable, though? Long term maint upkeep, that sort of thing?
    There certainly are maintenance issues to deal with. Turbine blade leading edge erosion is one that bedevils the industry a great deal. The machines are complex. But it's still a "fledgling" industry even where it's huge, in Europe. So the truly long-term issues are yet to be shown..

We don't want them to become "too reliable"...our business is supplying equipment to the vessels that cart the maintenance and repair crews around. ;-)

There certainly are maintenance issues to deal with. Turbine blade leading edge erosion is one that bedevils the industry a great deal. The machines are complex. But it's still a "fledgling" industry even where it's huge, in Europe. So the truly long-term issues are yet to be shown..

We don't want them to become "too reliable"...our business is supplying equipment to the vessels that cart the maintenance and repair crews around. ;-)

I see.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/14/b...y.html?mcubz=1
    "I aim to misbehave."

Need to develop a power generation station using this design.

Power it with deposed democrats.

Name:  wheel_of_pain.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  27.2 KB

Members who have read this thread: 32