Recommendations, please!

Restless

Could any of you recommend some good mystery/suspense books? I have read all of Mary Higgins Clark, Mary Jane Clark, and Carol Higgins Clark books. They are all great writers.

The two caveats I have, however, are I don't want to read books with cursing in them or sex scenes. I feel that a good book doesn't have to resort to that to get readers. I try to be careful what I read and see on tv. We have lowered our standards so much since I was a kid. I guess this is my way of taking a little stand against our morals deteriorating. (stepping off my soapbox now). LOL

Thanks for any suggestions!

SoMDGirl42

My mother recently gave me one to read while I was traveling for work. It passed the time on the flight out west quiet nicely. It was a murder mystery with a little romance involved, but the sex scenes were not graphic at all and quickly said and done. I can't remember the nane of the book or author, but i'll try to see if I can find it for you. I still have the book sitting at home.

Have you tried any Nora Roberts? I like many of her books and some are pretty good mysteries.

Last edited:

hitchicken

Cozy mystery. Senior citizen husband and wife protagonists appeared six times in national and international publications of Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine. Local author. Only 99 cents as an ebook. 308 pages. In bookstore in SOMD online. No sex scenes but maybe a few "darns" and "gads" in the bad language department.

Murder By Degrees: A Winnie & Thatch I-95 Mystery

Available from Amazon.com as ebook or printed copy

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Degree...sr=1-1&keywords=Murder+by+Degrees+James+Noble

Last edited:
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. If there was cursing it was mild at best. Sex scenes but not gratuitous at all. EXCELLENT book.

musiclady

Lilian Jackson Braun, "The Cat Who...." mysteries.

Stephen Dobyns, "Saratoga Snapper" and other titles with Saratoga (Saratoga Springs, NY) in the title.

catlingirl

The Aunt Dimity series is really good. its about an American that inherits a cottage in England and has all kinds of mysterys and she talks to her "aunt" through a book. Another series is A Bad Hair Day Mystery Series by Nancy j Cohen.

spookthis

Victoria Thompson the Gaslight Mystery's are great for clean reading. The first one is Murder on Astor Place. They get better as you go through the series.