DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ever been?
What is considered all inclusive?
Tipping?

What was your experience?

Shutout

I have been to many of them. In Jamaica - Whitehouse is really nice, Nigrel was ok, Montego Bay was fun but small, Royal Caribbena was small as well but fun as well. Stayed at the Royal Bahamian last summer and had a great times, probably my favorite Sandals. They have a private island and the boat runs back and forth about every hour. We stayed there most of the time.

All inclusive included food, lodging, drinks, and some resort activities. Tipping is not required at Sandals but I did anyway if it was deserved. In Montego Bay we had a butler so that requied a tip at the end of the stay.

I do think they are somewhat over priced.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I have been to many of them. In Jamaica - Whitehouse is really nice, Nigrel was ok, Montego Bay was fun but small, Royal Caribbena was small as well but fun as well. Stayed at the Royal Bahamian last summer and had a great times, probably my favorite Sandals. They have a private island and the boat runs back and forth about every hour. We stayed there most of the time.

All inclusive included food, lodging, drinks, and some resort activities. Tipping is not required at Sandals but I did anyway if it was deserved. In Montego Bay we had a butler so that requied a tip at the end of the stay.

I do think they are somewhat over priced.

Thanks.
Thinking about St. Lucia.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Went to Sandals Montego Bay (the bigger one) and had a great time. We also visited Sandals Ochos Rios and Negril. All very nice. We tipped the maid service our last day. When we tried to tip the bartenders, they declined, but did accept during our last nights stay. We also hired a private driver for two days and he showed us all over the place. We compensated him nicely. Everything was included in price, with the exception of the outside wines (not house) and outside excursions (i.e. the Catamaran Booze Cruise trip to Margaritaville in Montego Bay. Our total bill on the day of check out was $1.00. :lol:

Have fun!

Pushrod

Patriot
Went to Sandals Montego Bay (the bigger one) and had a great time. We also visited Sandals Ochos Rios and Negril. All very nice. We tipped the maid service our last day. When we tried to tip the bartenders, they declined, but did accept during our last nights stay. We also hired a private driver for two days and he showed us all over the place. We compensated him nicely. Everything was included in price, with the exception of the outside wines (not house) and outside excursions (i.e. the Catamaran Booze Cruise trip to Margaritaville in Montego Bay. Our total bill on the day of check out was $1.00. :lol:

Have fun!

If they get caught accepting tips they will be let go. That is their policy. So tip at their expense.

H

Hodr

I have always wanted to do an all-inclusive resort, sort of like a cruise but nicer I imagine (and I do like cruises). My biggest issue is the cost; which looks to be in the $8-10k range for a week.

Heck, I did my honeymoon for less than half of that (London/Rome, 2 weeks, nice hotels, nice restaurants, sight seeing).

Can anyone compare these to the packages available in the Armed Forces Vacation Club, or Gov Vacations Rewards?

Agee

Bump
Anyone been to Barbados?

Yes, but not part of a "Sandals" excursion... Beautiful Island especially the ocean side. I had rented a "Moke", little buggy type car so I had access all over the island. Most of the resorts are focused on one section of the island where the locals tend to hang-out and hawk their wares, including "happy stuff". Again, if you go and can get around spend time away from the resort areas to experience the beauty and true local culture.

btw, they drive on the other side of the road!

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I have always wanted to do an all-inclusive resort, sort of like a cruise but nicer I imagine (and I do like cruises). My biggest issue is the cost; which looks to be in the $8-10k range for a week.

Heck, I did my honeymoon for less than half of that (London/Rome, 2 weeks, nice hotels, nice restaurants, sight seeing).

Can anyone compare these to the packages available in the Armed Forces Vacation Club, or Gov Vacations Rewards?
I can recommend the Armed Forces Vacation Rewards.

You can also stay at any inclusive resort, not just Sandals. Many packages are much, much less than $8-10K.

I love all inclusive resorts. Many have multiple dining choices on site and activities to participant in as part of the package. I've also noticed that RIU resorts, tend to group their resorts together (if they have multiple ones in an area) so you have the added benefit of visiting the other resorts as well and taking advantage of their activities and restaurants.

I tend to use an American Express travel agent to handle everything and tell her how much I'm willing to spend and what I want to do (ie - my husband likes to go scuba diving) and roughly where I want to go and let her prepare a couple of options for us to consider.