American Prisoner in Afghanistan Freed.

Hijinx

http://nypost.com/2014/05/31/the-only-american-pow-in-afghanistan-freed/

"The only American soldier held prisoner in Afghanistan has been freed by the Taliban in exchange for the release of five Afghan detainees from the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Obama administration officials said Saturday.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was handed over to U.S. special operations forces by the Taliban Saturday evening, local time, in an area of eastern Afghanistan, near the Pakistani border. Officials said the exchange was not violent and the 28-year-old Bergdahl was in good condition and able to walk."

Happy for him and his family. Wish I could be there to welcome him home. In fact if I find out where he is coming in I may be there.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It is believed that he may have abandoned his post and left the safety of the base under his own free will. I'm sure the real story will come out shortly.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So we do negotiate with terrorists now? New American Policy?

Going to start paying tributes to them too?

mamatutu

mama to two
The #1 terrorist to America lives in the Whitehouse and conducts his terrorist activities with total freedom in the Oval Office. Where does the red line fall for Obama? Too bad we cannot exchange him for a patriot before January 2017.

mamatutu

mama to two
"The releases come at a pivotal moment in the Afghan war. The United States is concluding its combat mission, and the Afghan army is preparing to take on a powerful insurgency with far less assistance from the American military. The Taliban vowed as recently as last week that “jihad is incumbent and our nation will continue its righteous jihad.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...2b3005-636e-4c65-a1da-2b9ace667e4d_story.html

"Though Americans may be celebrating the release Saturday of the only U.S. soldier held prisoner in Afghanistan by the Taliban, the reaction of the military community has been mixed at best."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-reaction-mixed-to-bergdahl-release-/9819451/

Last edited:

tommyjo

The #1 terrorist to America lives in the Whitehouse and conducts his terrorist activities with total freedom in the Oval Office. Where does the red line fall for Obama? Too bad we cannot exchange him for a patriot before January 2017.

And yet you wonder why people ridicule your opinions???

Maybe you should take your meds BEFORE you get on the computer in the morning.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I wouldn't wanna be those guys.

The administration is having a really tough time of things of late. So, they get an American back and turn loose 5 bad guys, aka 'target'.

Any bets how long they have before a drone shows up over their 'just got out of the slammer' parties?

mamatutu

mama to two

Good morning to you, too, TJ! I am sorry that you will never understand that I am entitled to my opinion! I am, also, sorry that you are perpetually angry because you support an enemy of America. Try to have a fabulous day!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

But they ridicule you just as much, going to blame that on meds also?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Good morning, snookums! Always great to read your uplifting drivel first thing in the morning. Too busy to make me a sammich?....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This whole thing is turning into a freak show. Just watched Gregory talking with Hagel and it sounds odder and odder.

Hagel says this is just a normal POW thing, at war, not negotiating with terrorists. Only concern at this time is the guys health and getting him back into society, with his family. We'll worry about his reasons for leaving his post, what was behind all this later, he is a member of the US armed forces, etc.

Gregory just kept asking "Uh, uh, uh, uh...." obviously struggling with balancing being able to claim he asked solid questions with kid gloving yet another weird thing going on with this administration.

Chuck signed off on this, has assurance's these guys are no longer a threat to us, normal, routine prisoner exchange, nothing to see here...

Curiouser and curiouser...

mamatutu

mama to two
POW dad’s bizarre deleted tweet raises questions about Obama’s prisoner swap

"Whatever else it might be, “God will repay for the death of every Afghan child, ameen!” doesn’t sound like a rousing call to patriotism."

"The circumstances of Bergdahl’s capture are already odd — no one knows why he left that Army base five years ago and a USA story published Saturday shows Bergdahl is thought by many in the military to have either deserted or gone AWOL.

Also, the release of Guantanamo Bay terrorists in exchange for him violates a longstanding U.S. policy of not negotiating — at least publicly — with terrorist organizations. It also violated U.S. law that requires Congress to receive 30 days’ notice before Gitmo prisoners are released, according to top Republicans on the House and Senate armed services committees."

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/06...s-questions-about-obamas-prisoner-swap-122571

Last edited:

Hijinx

This whole thing is turning into a freak show. Just watched Gregory talking with Hagel and it sounds odder and odder.

Hagel says this is just a normal POW thing, at war, not negotiating with terrorists. Only concern at this time is the guys health and getting him back into society, with his family. We'll worry about his reasons for leaving his post, what was behind all this later, he is a member of the US armed forces, etc.

Gregory just kept asking "Uh, uh, uh, uh...." obviously struggling with balancing being able to claim he asked solid questions with kid gloving yet another weird thing going on with this administration.

Chuck signed off on this, has assurance's these guys are no longer a threat to us, normal, routine prisoner exchange, nothing to see here...

Curiouser and curiouser...

Yes: Very strange.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
So we do negotiate with terrorists now? New American Policy?

Going to start paying tributes to them too?

Expect to see a lot of Americans kidnapped in the next couple of years.
Obama will trade GITMO prisoners for them and be lauded by the state run news agencies for his humanitarian acts.
Once Gitmo is empty Obama will close it and score another win with the progressives

mamatutu

mama to two
Expect to see a lot of Americans kidnapped in the next couple of years.
Obama will trade GITMO prisoners for them and be lauded by the state run news agencies for his humanitarian acts.
Once Gitmo is empty Obama will close it and score another win with the progressives

This is how you win the Nobel Peace Prize in reverse. The only problem is Obama has intentions other than making himself look good! IMO, this exchange doesn't make Obama look good at all, but makes him look like the covert, wolf in sheep's clothing that he really is. Period.