Bug remover

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
For those of you who take pride in keeping your car (vehicle) clean, what do you use to remove all the bugs on the front of it? I tried using something made by Goo be Gone for bugs but it doesn't seem to do the trick. TIA.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
For those of you who take pride in keeping your car (vehicle) clean, what do you use to remove all the bugs on the front of it? I tried using something made by Goo be Gone for bugs but it doesn't seem to do the trick. TIA.
Don't freak out when you read this.....:lol:

I use oven cleaner. The trick is not to leave it on too long. Start with 10 minutes and see how it comes out.

Vince

Go to autozone, Walmart, ACE Hardware, whatever, Dupont makes bug remover for your car. :shrug:

John Z

if you will
The thing I've learned is that you have to clean it regularly or the acidic bug guts will etch the painted surface. After several years, you will find the finish of the front end will never truly come clean or look like the rest of your car.

Vince

Don't have this problem. Both my vehicles get waxed at least twice a year. Bugs come off easily.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
The thing I've learned is that you have to clean it regularly or the acidic bug guts will etch the painted surface. After several years, you will find the finish of the front end will never truly come clean or look like the rest of your car.

I don't think the previous owner did this. There are spots that are still the color of the car but look not quite clean.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Don't have this problem. Both my vehicles get waxed at least twice a year. Bugs come off easily.

Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to start doing this. I've only had this car a year. Do you do yours fall and spring?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Don't freak out when you read this.....:lol:

I use oven cleaner. The trick is not to leave it on too long. Start with 10 minutes and see how it comes out.

Umm, ok, not freaking out, :lol: I was pinched for time and frustrated and actually used a Magic Eraser. They came right off. I made sure I rinsed it very well since I didn't know if it would make any lasting effects or not.

DEEKAYPEE8569

WD-40 and a small piece of Scotch Brite. Don't lean on it real hard and the bugs will come off and leave the paint/clearcoat.
Mother's California Gold carnuba wax works well also.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Umm, ok, not freaking out, :lol: I was pinched for time and frustrated and actually used a Magic Eraser. They came right off. I made sure I rinsed it very well since I didn't know if it would make any lasting effects or not.
Magic eraser! Excellent idea!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Thanks for all the tips. Hubby seems to think using Magic Eraser is a bad idea. Might mess up the paint.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I have used the bounce sheets many times and they work great. Jus dip em in da bucket and wash the front end with them..

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
WD-40 and a small piece of Scotch Brite. Don't lean on it real hard and the bugs will come off and leave the paint/clearcoat.
Mother's California Gold carnuba wax works well also.

Definitely not, this will destroy your paint. It will also leave a nasty residue which will discolor your finish after a while.

I have used the bounce sheets many times and they work great. Jus dip em in da bucket and wash the front end with them..

The dryer sheet works due to the material type, the interwoven fabric helps to remove them. However the fabric softener will leave a residue behind. If you go over it with a decent soap then it should not be a big deal.

I use a spray on bug and tar remover, rinse then use a sponge which which has a nylon wrap around it. Gently scrub over the area in one direction so you do not get swirl marks. I have a micro fiber mitt that has something similar on one side. Good soap also helps.

Twice a year I use a synthetic sealant after I polish, and every 2 months I buff on a carnauba wax. Sealant lasts for about 6 months, a good wax will last 6-8 weeks.

Last edited: