No Kill Cat Shelter

KDENISE977

I have a cat that keeps lingering around my house and my neighbor wants to take it and drop it off somewhere that won't kill it. The cat doesn't really bother me, other than driving my dogs insane, but apparently it lounges on my neighbors deck and he doesn't like it. And the fact that we live down a half a mile private drive and there's only woods behind us would mean it's not like it's some neighborhood family cat strolling around. There's no houses close enough to us for that. Anyway, he wants to trap the cat and take it somewhere? any ideas??

rabbithead

If it is lingering around your house and your neighbor's house and neither one of you are feeding it, it must belong to someone nearby. We live 3/4 of a mile from our nearest neighbor and their cat use to come visit often. I just kept calling them to come get it until it finally stayed home. I would go door to door and try to find the owner and let them know to keep it home. There are hundreds of homeless cats in rescues and shelters right now and no one has room for another cat. If you trap it and take it to Tri- County, it has a good chance of being killed.

KDENISE977

If it is lingering around your house and your neighbor's house and neither one of you are feeding it, it must belong to someone nearby. We live 3/4 of a mile from our nearest neighbor and their cat use to come visit often. I just kept calling them to come get it until it finally stayed home. I would go door to door and try to find the owner and let them know to keep it home. There are hundreds of homeless cats in rescues and shelters right now and no one has room for another cat. If you trap it and take it to Tri- County, it has a good chance of being killed.

It's not ME, I don't care about the cat, it's obviously being fed because it's not skinny. And he specifically asked about a no kill shelter because I told him Tri-County IS a kill shelter.

frequentflier

happy to be living

:yeahthat:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
It's not ME, I don't care about the cat, it's obviously being fed because it's not skinny. And he specifically asked about a no kill shelter because I told him Tri-County IS a kill shelter.

From what I understand there are no true no-kill shelters locally because even Charles County Humane Society transfers critters to Tri-County. Best luck would be a rescue that could rehome the kitty if the owner can't be located?

nobody really

I need a nap
I was watching something on animal planet, where they put a tracking device on several cats in a research study. This one couple cat, Neopolian, they thought was a laid back, back yard only kind of cat. It was amazing how much territory this cat covered in his neighborhood. his "territory". something crazy, like a 5 miles radius.

it probably does belong to someone.,

KDENISE977

Ehh. Nevermind. We are keeping her. At least I think it's a her. Neighbor and I are going to get her vetted (spayed) and agreed to allow her to stay between their and our house. We are going to try and get her to prince Frederick well pet clinic this week. We are still debating On a name. It's either Cookie (it's a tuxedo cat) or Foxy, our private drive name is Sly Fox

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Ehh. Nevermind. We are keeping her. At least I think it's a her. Neighbor and I are going to get her vetted (spayed) and agreed to allow her to stay between their and our house. We are going to try and get her to prince Frederick well pet clinic this week. We are still debating On a name. It's either Cookie (it's a tuxedo cat) or Foxy, our private drive name is Sly Fox

:twopawsup:

:huggy:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

So how is the kitty doing? Did you decide on a name? Picture?