Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best roast ever? Try slow roasting

The Flavor Flav & Bob Saget roasts were pretty damn good. I want to try the Don Rickles that just came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    The Flavor Flav & Bob Saget roasts were pretty damn good. I want to try the Don Rickles that just came out.
    Lisa Lampenelli I watch them just to hear her
    "Only 3 types of people tell the truth...kids, drunk people & anyone who is pi$$ed the F#CK off"- Richard Pryor

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    You can always vary the starting time to have it ready when you will need it. We did have it for breakfast. It was a sort of trial run. I just had the last piece for lunch today. I had it cold on a roll with mayo, horseradish and lettuce. Yumm. I had some last night in a sort of chef salad. We've been eating it in some form or another for the last few days.

Depending on the size of your roast(6 pounds or so), if you put it in around midnight it could take until 3pm to be ready. Let it sit a half hour before carving. YMMV
    Nice, I will have to do this. Thanks

So if I want my roast to be well-done... no pink at all... how many days ahead of time should I begin cooking it...
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    So if I want my roast to be well-done... no pink at all... how many days ahead of time should I begin cooking it...
    Give me the roast and I'll bring you back a perfectly cooked piece of well done meat.

I have some leather shoes I need to get rid of.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Give me the roast and I'll bring you back a perfectly cooked piece of well done meat.

I have some leather shoes I need to get rid of.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Just needs a little ketchup and it'll be fine.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    Cook it till pink, let it rest, slice it and then warm up with the juices from the bottom of the pan and it will get to well done in a minute or two (omg don't boil it) and still be juicy. Works well when you have ppl who have different preferences of doneness, too. Throw some rosemary or thyme in with those juices (or some sage for just a half a minute) to make it super yummy.
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

9. 06-11-2014, 11:46 PM

Thanks, Monello, for the alternate cooking method. I have been using one I discovered about 3 years ago. I am sure you know. It is preheat oven to 450-500. Cook 7 minutes per pound. Turn oven off. Let roast sit for 2 1/2 hours in the oven without opening. I have had good luck with that, but I will try your way next time. Thanks for the tip!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by acommondisaster View Post
    Cook it till pink, let it rest, slice it and then warm up with the juices from the bottom of the pan and it will get to well done in a minute or two (omg don't boil it) and still be juicy. Works well when you have ppl who have different preferences of doneness, too. Throw some rosemary or thyme in with those juices (or some sage for just a half a minute) to make it super yummy.
    Do not encourage her aberrant behavior please.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 30