Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best roast ever? Try slow roasting

Quote Originally Posted by mamatutu View Post
    Please let me know where your wife buys 5.00 chunks of beef. I will go there lickety split. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post

​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by migtig View Post
    That's why it's called a Sunday roast. You put it in the oven and by the time you get ready for dinner after church it's ready.

I use the crockpot for almost all my roasts anymore. They turn out perfect.
    I realize this is an old post - but I haven't experienced this. It seems like crockpotting beef almost always turns out dry and tasteless.
    I am not sure how to preserve the natural juices because it seems weird that something soaking in juice should turn out dry - but cooking it slow doesn't seem to help.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I realize this is an old post - but I haven't experienced this. It seems like crockpotting beef almost always turns out dry and tasteless.
    I am not sure how to preserve the natural juices because it seems weird that something soaking in juice should turn out dry - but cooking it slow doesn't seem to help.
    The chuck roast is your friend. Almost impossible to ruin it. Leaner cuts are easy to destroy, but a good fatty hunk o' chuck is perfect every time.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    The chuck roast is your friend. Almost impossible to ruin it. Leaner cuts are easy to destroy, but a good fatty hunk o' chuck is perfect every time.
    Yep. Chuck roast... and only chuck roast in a crock pot.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Yep. Chuck roast... and only chuck roast in a crock pot.
    Yep... Out here you also can get a English Roast, it's the cross rib cut that's boneless.
    It's out of the shoulder, its high in muscle content and connective tissue so it can be tough if not cooked low and slow...
    I generally cook a roast around 230° for 10-12 hours but after reading here I'm gonna try under 200° for a overnight and see what the difference is..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Members who have read this thread: 30