Dear morning commuters:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:huggy:

If I had to get up to this mess, then actually venture forth in it, it would sap my will to live. Be careful out there!

glhs837

Power with Control
Looks like it will be over in less than a half hour for most of us. I'll just push back my departure for 15 then follow it to LP City :)

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
So, answer me this: Is it safe to take a shower during a raging thunder storm?

Last edited:

John Z

if you will
Was absolutely pouring for the last 29 miles of the commute (Charlotte Hall to NAS Pax); fun! Portions of the parking lot looked like they could float a bass boat.

:huggy:

If I had to get up to this mess, then actually venture forth in it, it would sap my will to live. Be careful out there!

I had been sitting at my desk for 35 minutes when you posted. No traffic this morning. Turned onto 5, set the cruise on 60 and the only time I had to slow down was for the stoplights. Not even a backup at Brandywine.

C

czygvtwkr

The lightning when the storm was out over the water about 7:00 was incredible. There were probably 6 strikes a minute.

Mr_Bond_Got_Em

Luckly my bicycle ride in from TC to Pax was inbetween the storms, 0600-0625 was my open window. Glad I didn't get caught in that mess.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Ever since our place got hit by lightning a few years ago, our one dog, Dexter, does not do well in storms. If I know one is coming, I give him calming treats. We were laying in bed; awake but just being lazy; when the storm hit this morning. I joked with my husband about those vibrating beds in motel rooms you insert quarters into...well, Dexter was full of quarters this morning! Poor thing- if he could have crawled inside me- I do believe he would have done so!