3-year old with facial injuries thrown out of KFC

BOP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...auled-pit-bull-THROWN-KFC-scaring-diners.html

A little girl left with a scarred face after being attacked by a pit bull was thrown out of a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in Jackson, Mississippi, after an employee said her face was 'scaring the other diners'.

The family of three-year-old Victoria Wilcher were left horrified after they were asked to leave the establishment because of the appearance of the toddler.

The family shared their anger on a Facebook page entitled Victoria's Victories.

'Does this face look scary to you?' reads the posting. 'Last week at KFC in Jackson MS this precious face was asked to leave because her face scared the other diners.'

mamatutu

mama to two
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...auled-pit-bull-THROWN-KFC-scaring-diners.html

A little girl left with a scarred face after being attacked by a pit bull was thrown out of a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in Jackson, Mississippi, after an employee said her face was 'scaring the other diners'.

The family of three-year-old Victoria Wilcher were left horrified after they were asked to leave the establishment because of the appearance of the toddler.

The family shared their anger on a Facebook page entitled Victoria's Victories.

'Does this face look scary to you?' reads the posting. 'Last week at KFC in Jackson MS this precious face was asked to leave because her face scared the other diners.'

Wow. How sad. I wonder if these same people are scared when they see the disfigured faces of our esteemed, brave soldiers. This story is as bad as the one the other day about thieves taking groceries from a dead woman after a car wreck. A comment was made that now I've heard it all. Well, apparently, we haven't. Disgusting. There is a special place for these people. Do they understand that they are more freakish than what they considered was spoiling their dinner? Just, wow.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't believe that that child, with the injuries and appearance pictured, was asked to leave KFC. She is neither scary nor is she particularly disturbing - other than, of course, that she was obviously injured. But nobody should have been put off their fried chicken because of that.

Like Marie, I am skeptical.

MMDad

Lem Putt
If this is true, then in reality they did that kid a great favor. Maybe she went out and got decent food instead of KFC.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If this is true, then in reality they did that kid a great favor. Maybe she went out and got decent food instead of KFC.

I wonder how they could be unaware of the Chik-Fil-A at the University Medical Center in Jackson, MS.
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 N State St
Jackson, MS 39216​
Phone: (601) 984-2071

MarieB

KFC Corp. says it's investigating allegations that a restaurant employee in Jackson, Mississippi, asked a 3-year-old to leave because her facial injuries disturbed other patrons. The company is also giving $30,000 toward Victoria Wilcher's medical bills, a spokesman said Sunday.

A message posted Friday evening by another Mississippi KFC franchisee, Dick West of West Quality Food Service in Laurel, offered "a big KFC picnic" for the child and her family.

West also wrote that he knows the Jackson restaurant owners "and they have never in the 50 years they have operated in Jackson allowed anyone coming into their restaurants to be treated with dis-respect."

In a message to the AP, he wrote, "I am sure KFC will make their finding public as soon as the facts are in. In the meantime, I offered to treat Victoria to a picnic because regardless of the outcome of the investigation, she has been thru more than any little girl should and I wanted to give her a special treat."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kfc-probes-scarred-girl-asked-leave-24148091

I will not be surprised but will be saddened and disgusted if the family used this tragedy to make some dough. If some pimple-faced kid did it, then he should be made to volunteer in a burn unit

PsyOps

Pixelated
I have to say right now that I am skeptical

I don't believe that that child, with the injuries and appearance pictured, was asked to leave KFC. She is neither scary nor is she particularly disturbing - other than, of course, that she was obviously injured. But nobody should have been put off their fried chicken because of that.

Like Marie, I am skeptical.

What are you skeptical about? What in article tells you this story isn't true?

PsyOps

Pixelated
And if you were a patient in that burn unit, would you like the pimple-faced kid caring for you?

If they were competent in their job, absolutely! Are we really this ignorant to believe that someone's appearance has anything to do with their ability to do a good job or ability to love?

mamatutu

mama to two

I think it is because we have all become skeptical, cynical, and untrusting in the times we live in. I chose to believe the story, thus my previous reply. But, I always think that a story can be debunked. Then, I wonder who is doing the debunking. Social media has greatly attributed to suspicions that Americans already had, but there are too many now, credentialed or not, that can contribute to a cyber conversation. As always, jmo.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think it is because we have all become skeptical, cynical, and untrusting in the times we live in. I chose to believe the story, thus my previous reply. But, I always think that a story can be debunked. Then, I wonder who is doing the debunking. Social media has greatly attributed to suspicions that Americans already had, but there are too many now, credentialed or not, that can contribute to a cyber conversation. As always, jmo.

KFC is footing out $30k to this child. This tells me they are worried. But, devoid of a story that shows this story to be a fraud, what causes anyone to believe it isn't true... I mean other than their undying distrust of anything reported in the news.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The story doesn't sound plausible. It doesn't pass the smell test. The mother doesn't come across as credible.

There have been any number of people who've fraudulently claimed to be discriminated against in order to shake down a major corporation. Most companies settle to make it go away rather than spend the money and face the PR damage of a trial, even if they know they'll probably win. People are #### heads and I don't just believe every person who claims they were damaged by a corporate entity. Frankly, even if the story is true I don't see how they can sue for any monetary compensation because the little girl wasn't harmed by the incident other than her feelings may have been hurt. How do you put a price tag on that?

Just not liking it, sorry.

MarieB

And if you were a patient in that burn unit, would you like the pimple-faced kid caring for you?

Who cares what he looks like? And who said he would be caring for anyone? You don't have to be a doctor to volunteer in a hospital

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm surprised that no one has commented on the fact that she was mauled by her grandfather's pitbulls in his home. Then it's the grandmother who features as the little girl's caretaker. Where are the mother and father?

I think the grandmother made this story up.

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the fact that she was mauled by her grandfather's pitbulls in his home. Then it's the grandmother who features as the little girl's caretaker. Where are the mother and father?

I think the grandmother made this story up.

It was an outrageous story when it broke: A three-year-old with facial scars was told, along with her grandmother, to leave a KFC in Jackson, Mississippi, because her appearance was scaring the other customers.

The story inspired indignation, and it inspired people across the country to give more than $135,000 in cash, gifts and free surgery for Victoria Wilcher, including $30,000 from KFC itself.

Now a Jackson newspaper says it was all made up.

The Clarion-Ledger, citing the Laurel Leader-Call, reports that the story was created "out of whole cloth."

The Leader-Call's sources, whose names were not given, poke several holes in the account given by Wilcher's grandmother, Kelly Mullins:

•The family initially told KFC that the incident happened at a store on State Street, which has been closed for years.

•Mullins and Wilcher went to a children's hospital in Jackson, according to their Facebook page, on May 15, the day the incident allegedly happened. An examination of surveillance video at the two KFC locations near the children's hospital show no one matching Wilcher or Mullins' description were at either location.

•Mullins said she ordered sweet tea and mashed potatoes with gravy. No orders for the two items were placed together on May 15 at either location.
Mullins' lawyer told the Clarion-Ledger that he would have no comment until he'd heard from the family.

http://www.wtop.com/681/3649661/Report-KFC-ejection-story-a-hoax

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yes, KFC hired an investigator
... they cannot find the women on CCTV Cameras at either store,
but the one store is still going to pay some of the Medical Bills