Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best "One Hit Wonder" band and their signature song

Blog Entries

"Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Watts in a Tank was the first album released by the Dutch musical group Diesel. It was first released in the Netherlands in 1980 by Polydor,[3] and was released in the United States by Regency in 1981.[4] A CD reprint was released by One Way in 2002.[4]

The album, in-between rock and power pop, contained several polished soft metal ballads and was compared by some to Tom Petty's work,[5][6] although the biggest hit from the album, "Sausalito Summernight" (which peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 at #25) has frequently been misattributed to the Steve Miller Band.[4] The album reached #68 on the U.S. Billboard chart in 1981.[7] Four of the tracks from this album (the aforementioned "Sausalito Summernight," "Goin' Back to China," "Alibi," and "Down in the Silvermine") were released as singles.[3]

Get the Knack is the debut album by the Knack, released in June 1979. At the time, the album was one of the most successful debuts in history, selling over one million copies in less than two months and spending five weeks at number one on the Billboard 200 album chart. The lead single from the album, "My Sharona", was number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for six weeks and number one on Billboard's Top Pop Singles of 1979 year end chart.
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Donít take criticism from someone you wouldnít take advice from.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    A-Ha: "Take On Me" Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Isn't that Vrai's favorite song of all time?

Members who have read this thread: 1