Police Officer Shoots Handcuffed Man?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/17/video-shows-police-officer-shooting-handcuffed-man/#!

Surveillance video from the El Paso, Texas jail shows police officers struggling with — and then shooting — a man who was handcuffed.

City officials had blocked the release of the video of the March 8, 2013 incident, but released it Monday after the Texas attorney general forced their hand.

The video, which was obtained by the El Paso Times, shows officer Jose Flores and another man struggling with 37-year-old Daniel Saenz.

Shooting is at around 18:30 and 33:00 in video.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Still don't see the need for the cop to shot him, he was on the ground, handcuffed, could have just kicked him in the head and knocked his ass out.

Hijinx

Thank You, Capt. Obvious!

PCP , Bath Salts, Who knows, when a prisoner had beaten you down to where you are just too tired to fight any longer---pop a cap in his ass. The bullet sure slowed him down a bit.

itsrequired

Still don't see the need for the cop to shot him, he was on the ground, handcuffed, could have just kicked him in the head and knocked his ass out.

This is exactly why you are stupid! The 50,000 volt taser isn't effective but you think a kick in the head will do the trick. So now you are a use of force expert. You agree there should be deadly force, (as most UOF experts would tell you a kick to the head is), but you just disagree on the application. I get it. Maybe I was wrong about you. Maybe you aren't stupid but retarded. LOL

GW8345

Not White House Approved
This is exactly why you are stupid! The 50,000 volt taser isn't effective but you think a kick in the head will do the trick. So now you are a use of force expert. You agree there should be deadly force, (as most UOF experts would tell you a kick to the head is), but you just disagree on the application. I get it. Maybe I was wrong about you. Maybe you aren't stupid but retarded. LOL

It’s called common sense, something you have proven that you do not have. You’re reaction to anything remotely dangerous to a LEO is for the LEO draw his weapon and shot, why carry a taser/chemical spray at all, just shot the person.

Also, what happen to all the defensive hand to hand combat training LEO are supposed to get when they go through the academy, are you telling me two LEO can’t subdue a person in handcuffs. It appears to me they had him down but one of them decided to get up and instead of jumping back on him he reached for a taser, said “nah, this is for light weights” and reached for his weapon instead.

Also, if you have to resort to name calling it shows that your argument is not very solid, you might want to learn how to get your point across without belittling someone, that shows you have an intelligent point of view and not one of an emotions charged irrational troll.

itsrequired

It’s called common sense, something you have proven that you do not have. You’re reaction to anything remotely dangerous to a LEO is for the LEO draw his weapon and shot, why carry a taser/chemical spray at all, just shot the person.

Ahh there you go again. Not reading! They told you in the article they did use the taser and it was ineffective. You are such a moron!

Also, what happen to all the defensive hand to hand combat training LEO are supposed to get when they go through the academy, are you telling me two LEO can’t subdue a person in handcuffs. It appears to me they had him down but one of them decided to get up and instead of jumping back on him he reached for a taser, said “nah, this is for light weights” and reached for his weapon instead.

haha....again obviously you didn't read the story.

Also, if you have to resort to name calling it shows that your argument is not very solid, you might want to learn how to get your point across without belittling someone, that shows you have an intelligent point of view and not one of an emotions charged irrational troll.

Really? should I point out the number of times you have resorted to name calling? Does that only apply to me? Are you exempt. It isn't name calling if it is accurate. I'm not insulting you as yo do that well enough yourself. YOU are stupid. There isn't anything I can do about that. Piss poor public education I guess.

I learned you are stupid when you tried to counter the fact that there are 900,000+ police officers in the United States by saying there were only 100,000. You are too much of an idiot to realize what you were writing didn't make any sense.

You were too stupid to realize that there are over 30,000 cops in the NYPD, with another 14,000 in Chicago, 15,000 with LAPD and LASO, and another 10,000 or so in the Dallas Police department. Not to mention that Maryland has 12 state law enforcement offices, 29 county police and sheriff's offices, and over 60 local city police agencies containing over 20,000 law enforcement officers. So with that number alone, you figured the rest of the country only amounted to about 20,000 cops. LMAO. My point about you being stupid is you try to talk about stuff you obviously know nothing about and then do your research on wikipedia....lmao!

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Really? should I point out the number of times you have resorted to name calling? Does that only apply to me? Are you exempt. It isn't name calling if it is accurate. I'm not insulting you as yo do that well enough yourself. YOU are stupid. There isn't anything I can do about that. Piss poor public education I guess.

I learned you are stupid when you tried to counter the fact that there are 900,000+ police officers in the United States by saying there were only 100,000. You are too much of an idiot to realize what you were writing didn't make any sense.

You were too stupid to realize that there are over 30,000 cops in the NYPD, with another 14,000 in Chicago, 15,000 with LAPD and LASO, and another 10,000 or so in the Dallas Police department. Not to mention that Maryland has 12 state law enforcement offices, 29 county police and sheriff's offices, and over 60 local city police agencies containing over 20,000 law enforcement officers. So with that number alone, you figured the rest of the country only amounted to about 20,000 cops. LMAO. My point about you being stupid is you try to talk about stuff you obviously know nothing about and then do your research on wikipedia....lmao
!

1) They used the taser earlier in the day, the article does not state the time difference between when they used the taser and when the shooting took place so just because the taser was ineffective earlier does not mean it’s ineffective totally.

2) So, you are going to point to previous bad behavior to justify your own bad behavior, no problem, duly noted.

3) You seem to have the same response to anyone who has an opposing point of view and that is they person it either stupid or retarded….or both yet you provide no other substance to back up your point of view other than “I’m a LEO”. If you are going to argue your point of view, you might want to use a coherent thought out response instead of looking like a reject from an anger management class.

4) Your response is again predicable, what does any of the bolded response have to do with the video and the way the officers acted. Instead, you point to past mistake (one) to justify your point of view even though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

5) I didn’t know one had to be an expert in a subject in order to express an opinion, sorry, didn’t get the memo, and if I did, I would ignore it. You know nothing about my background so how can you assume I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Again, what about all that training LEO are supposed to get when they go through the academy, they just don’t train on how to fire a weapon. So are you telling me that their training it worthless and all they know how to do is draw their weapons and fire. Also, if tasers are so worthless why do officers carry them, why do they show the general public that they are effective in countless videos, why are they shot with them during training?

If the inmate is such a danger, why didn’t he have leg shackles and his hands shackled to his waist, why wasn’t he properly restrained before they left him with just two officers?

Now, here’s your chance to look like a mature adult and logically discuss this topic or are you going to resort to your immature normal self and just hurl insults, your choice but I can guess which one you would choose.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Hey IR,still waiting for a reply to this thread or have you said your peace and want to just drop it, your choice.

itsrequired

5) I didn’t know one had to be an expert in a subject in order to express an opinion, sorry, didn’t get the memo, and if I did, I would ignore it. You know nothing about my background so how can you assume I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Now, here’s your chance to look like a mature adult and logically discuss this topic or are you going to resort to your immature normal self and just hurl insults, your choice but I can guess which one you would choose.
Here's my reply. Three things. First, you're stupid. Second, if you are going to correct someone about something in their chosen field, you should either be an expert or know what you are talking about. Third, you're still stupid.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Here's my reply. Three things. First, you're stupid. Second, if you are going to correct someone about something in their chosen field, you should either be an expert or know what you are talking about. Third, you're still stupid.

Ok, I see you don’t what to discuss this in a logical adult manner, that’s fine.

BTW, who is to say you are an expert in your field, you? To date you have not provide anything to back up your assertion that you are even a LEO let alone an expert in anything except being a troll so your reasoning for your argument once again does not hold water.

Now, since you can’t provide anything of substance I will take it that you cannot answer my questions and therefore are not an expert in anything but being a pompous asinine troll.

BTW, you are so predictale, you answered my post exactly how I thought you would.

itsrequired

Ok, I see you don’t what to discuss this in a logical adult manner, that’s fine.

BTW, who is to say you are an expert in your field, you? To date you have not provide anything to back up your assertion that you are even a LEO let alone an expert in anything except being a troll so your reasoning for your argument once again does not hold water.

Now, since you can’t provide anything of substance I will take it that you cannot answer my questions and therefore are not an expert in anything but being a pompous asinine troll.

BTW, you are so predictale, you answered my post exactly how I thought you would.

If I were going to discuss this in a logical adult manner, I would't be discussing it with you. You are stupid. This idiotic reverse psychology you are trying will work on you because you respond to that sort of thing. You can't help yourself. You're the type of idiot who says "I'm done with this" then comes back as soon as someone tosses you an insult. You're like a ten year old. Maybe this will be the breaking point. Maybe you won't respond to this, but I doubt it. You are too stupid not to.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
If I were going to discuss this in a logical adult manner, I would't be discussing it with you. You are stupid. This idiotic reverse psychology you are trying will work on you because you respond to that sort of thing. You can't help yourself. You're the type of idiot who says "I'm done with this" then comes back as soon as someone tosses you an insult. You're like a ten year old. Maybe this will be the breaking point. Maybe you won't respond to this, but I doubt it. You are too stupid not to.

Why wouldn’t I respond to this, did I say I would not be returning to this topic or is your reading comprehension really that bad?

Again, your lack of substance in answering the points I brought up tells me that you are incapable of addressing them and only reaffirms you lack of being an “expert” in any field other than professional troll.

Now, I will allow you to have the last word, and I’m sure how that will go.

protectmd

IR has resorted to attempting to discredit others arguments by becoming a informal tester of human IQ's based on his opinion, by calling others "Stupid."

I still don't see where you have become the forum informal expert on police matters and uses of force in police incidents. Your posts are often riddled with your personal opinions on a wider view of how things "are in your mind" and your personal perception of society and how police affect their daily lives. Sadly, this doesn't correlate with the general opinion of most of the citizens in this forum more than often. You often jump to the defense of organizations that your fellow badge brothers belong to because its the way of the "thin blue line." The reality is, many of these badges and organizations need a massive overhaul, a fresh start, a master reset, because of how they are run, their policies and the negative effects that their policies have wraught on the citizens they serve. The reasonings behind this are too many to name, but a few reasons might include widespread corruption, massive mismanagement of personnel and tax dollars, and general misconduct. Poor hiring practices, the lack of outside assistance from allied agencies and lack of oversight from the politicians both at the federal, state and local levels contribute to this. As a result, you will continue to see the incidents take place, the arrests of police continue, and the faith of the citizens in overall law enforcement in general dwindle to unprecedented levels.

You often associate the citizens calls for change, reform, abolishment of the corrupt entity as some sort of attack on LEO's in general. What it really is, is an attack on the culture of idiocy and miscreant behavior that occurs on a more frequent basis while on and off duty by individuals employed by the mismanaged law enforcement organizations. Perhaps your time on your agency has made you wise enough not to make poor decisions, but your time in policing has jaded you in a manner in which you are disconnected from the community and opinions of the citizens you serve.

This video represents the highest level of mismanagement and is a proper demonstration of what a poorly trained law enforcement officer will do with a firearm. Instead of calling for help on his radio, waiting for backup, or even using a less lethal weapon on the non compliant subject, he resorted to his firearm and discharged it in a manner that resulted in the death of the individual. Now he's dead, without a trial, without a conviction from a jury or judge, and the taxpayers will pay his family a massive settlement. This cop is going to jail, probably federal time, possibly for the rest of his life. His family will end up on welfare if they are lucky, and his assets will be auctioned off to pay the family of the deceased. Once again, im willing to bet, no leadership will be held accountable for this incident. Not one chief will resign, no punishment to come to anyone in charge of this rogue cop. You can bet the taxpayers will pay dearly with their money though, thats who continously gets the short end of the stick. We will even have to pay for this cops incarceration, because he was an idiot.