World Wide War on Christians

BOP

We probably don't believe it in this country, and I'm sure the lefties will poo-poo it, but the LSM appears to make a point of not reporting it. It ought to concern us all, regardless of our religious affiliation or bent, or lack thereof.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/war-christians_794945.html

For at least three reasons, the contemporary persecution of Christians demands attention: It is occurring on a massive scale, it is underreported, and in many parts of the world it is rapidly growing.
A survivor of the bombing at All Saints Church in Peshawar, which killed 80.

The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life finds that Christians are suffering persecution in more places today than any other religious group; between 2006 and 2012, Pew says, they were targeted for harassment in 151 countries—three-quarters of the world’s states. Similar findings are reported by the Vatican, Newsweek, the Economist, and the 60-year-old Christian support group Open Doors. Most people in the West are unaware of these facts, though that may be changing.

Hijinx

We probably don't believe it in this country, and I'm sure the lefties will poo-poo it, but the LSM appears to make a point of not reporting it. It ought to concern us all, regardless of our religious affiliation or bent, or lack thereof.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/war-christians_794945.html

For at least three reasons, the contemporary persecution of Christians demands attention: It is occurring on a massive scale, it is underreported, and in many parts of the world it is rapidly growing.
A survivor of the bombing at All Saints Church in Peshawar, which killed 80.

The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life finds that Christians are suffering persecution in more places today than any other religious group; between 2006 and 2012, Pew says, they were targeted for harassment in 151 countries—three-quarters of the world’s states. Similar findings are reported by the Vatican, Newsweek, the Economist, and the 60-year-old Christian support group Open Doors. Most people in the West are unaware of these facts, though that may be changing.

Now there we go again. We have priorities. It is more important to take the guns away from Christians so they cannot defend themselves than to protect them.
Certainly Christianity is under attack right here. Some people want to take the crosses off Arlington cemetary. Christians are being forced to accept Homosexuality and Infanticide They want to take Christ out of Christmas and make it a winter holiday. Morality is out the door as Mylie Cyrus twerks her little butt, and the Kardashians screw anything with a penis, and people pay thousands of dollars to see them.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
World Wide War on Christians

Hmm. World Wide War.

Let's see. Enormous Christian army invades one Muslim land in '91 while using another Muslim land as base. Maintains constant presence, including dominance of the air, for the entire following decade.

Christians come back in force in 2003 to repeat and improve upon invasion of '91 while invading another Muslim land in fall/winter of 2001.

In the meantime, has there been a remotely corresponding invasion by Muslim armies of Christian lands? Surely there must have been some sort of invasion of Christian lands pre '91 to justify all of this?

BOP

Hmm. World Wide War.

Let's see. Enormous Christian army invades one Muslim land in '91 while using another Muslim land as base. Maintains constant presence, including dominance of the air, for the entire following decade.

Christians come back in force in 2003 to repeat and improve upon invasion of '91 while invading another Muslim land in fall/winter of 2001.

In the meantime, has there been a remotely corresponding invasion by Muslim armies of Christian lands? Surely there must have been some sort of invasion of Christian lands pre '91 to justify all of this?

I missed the part where the Cross and various Christian banners and symbols were carried at the head of armored columns of Marines marching into Baghdad by Christian Knights.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I missed the part where the Cross and various Christian banners and symbols were carried at the head of armored columns of Marines marching into Baghdad by Christian Knights.

Good point. The Sunni's and Shia's probably figured we were the, what, non denominational do gooders of the Universe Army?

Or, are you intentionally missing the obvious?

Hijinx

Good point. The Sunni's and Shia's probably figured we were the, what, non denominational do gooders of the Universe Army?

Or, are you intentionally missing the obvious?

If anyone is missing the obvious it is Larry. How many church's have been burned by Muslims as compared to mosques burned by Christians?

Where in the Christian religion does it say enslave or kill the infidel?

Where does the article say that only Muslims are attacking the Christian faith.

Being under attack does not always mean killing, In this country it means non-believers going to court against the religious faith of others.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If anyone is missing the obvious it is Larry. How many church's have been burned by Muslims as compared to mosques burned by Christians?

Where in the Christian religion does it say enslave or kill the infidel?

Where does the article say that only Muslims are attacking the Christian faith.

Being under attack does not always mean killing, In this country it means non-believers going to court against the religious faith of others.

OK, seeings as you have no clue, I'll spell it out;

Let's start small; Why did Osama bin Laden not like us?

Answer; because his faith makes him opposed to the decadence of the West and because the decadence of the West was and is affecting and altering his world, specifically corrupting Saudi Arabia.

Now, being an individual and not a nation he could either do something about it or not do something about it. His faith called him, as he saw it, to jihad, to defend his faith.

More specifically, when the US military moved into Saudi Arabia in 1991, that was a HUGE affront to his faith. More so when that army invaded Iraq.

You are free to take the position the US can do whatever it likes but, you don't get to choose how other people react to it. You can even say he had no business feeling that way and was not justified in his actions but, he did spell it out for us so, if nothing else, at least we know why.

Maybe you can take it from there as to how we got where we are today?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Hmm. World Wide War.

This is what really annoys me about some of your posts… “Enormous Christian army”? We may have problems with sticking our nose into these countries, but to claim the US military is a ‘Christian Army’ is just an abject distortion of who WE are. Our constitution is a secular constitution. Our government does not send out men and women to war on religious grounds. In our military there are Christians, Muslims, Jews, Satanists, and atheists all fighting side-by-side not allowing their faith get in the way of mission.

You’re an extremely intelligent guy Larry… why so dishonest about how you depict things?

And I don't give one damn about how the Muslim view our military. It's THEIR distorted view on things that have it wrong, not ours.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is what really annoys me about some of your posts… “Enormous Christian army”? We may have problems with sticking our nose into these countries, but to claim the US military is a ‘Christian Army’ is just an abject distortion of who WE are. Our constitution is a secular constitution. Our government does not send out men and women to war on religious grounds. In our military there are Christians, Muslims, Jews, Satanists, and atheists all fighting side-by-side not allowing their faith get in the way of mission.

You’re an extremely intelligent guy Larry… why so dishonest about how you depict things?

Dishonest?

US Army Oath of Enlistment;
"I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Now, just exactly what do you suppose ANY Muslim in Saudi or Iraq or Iran thinks of the US Army, that it is some sort of anti Christian group??????

Part of the reason we are losing is we refuse to accept the obvious. The US is a predominantly Christian nation. Our disagreements with Muslims is religious based. We can pretend otherwise but, they suffer NO illusions that this IS Holy War.

I am ALL for it being called what it is and I am on the side of us, the Christian nation, winning and THAT is my objection here, losing.

How on earth can you, intellectually, call that dishonest????

If we are not a Christian nation, then why are we having a conversation about how Christianity is under attack? Why would we care? On what basis?

YOU are a smart guy but NO one is so blind as he who would not see. This IS Holy war and we ARE losing and it IS because we won't even call it what it is let alone act accordingly.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Dishonest?

US Army Oath of Enlistment;

"I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Are you trying to show what little you know about our military? First of all… WHICH GOD? It does not say “So help me Yahweh/Allah/Buddha/Satan…” God is a generic term for ANY god. Secondly, as with any oath of government office, there is no requirement to state the last part. You may omit it.

Now, just exactly what do you suppose ANY Muslim in Saudi or Iraq or Iran thinks of the US Army, that it is some sort of anti Christian group??????

Part of the reason we are losing is we refuse to accept the obvious. The US is a predominantly Christian nation. Our disagreements with Muslims is religious based. We can pretend otherwise but, they suffer NO illusions that this IS Holy War.

I am ALL for it being called what it is and I am on the side of us, the Christian nation, winning and THAT is my objection here, losing.

How on earth can you, intellectually, call that dishonest????

If we are not a Christian nation, then why are we having a conversation about how Christianity is under attack? Why would we care? On what basis?

YOU are a smart guy but NO one is so blind as he who would not see. This IS Holy war and we ARE losing and it IS because we won't even call it what it is let alone act accordingly.

Then what do you say to all those non-Christians (Muslims, Jews, Satanists, Buddhists, etc…) that died fighting this war?

SamSpade

Hmm. World Wide War.

Let's see. Enormous Christian army invades one Muslim land in '91 while using another Muslim land as base.

Here's where perspective of evangelicals comes in.

Most of the ones I know do not regard this as a Christian nation, except possibly because it has a lot of Christians in it, and was founded on religious principles. They would LIKE to see that change, but otherwise regard this nation as being just as much a part of the world as the rest of the world - greedy, self-centered, immoral. They just don't have this concept that they have to destroy and punish those who won't comply. Think about THAT the next time an angry group of Christians comes to your house to drag out your child to be stoned to death, or burns the local mosque or synagogue.

They would be horrified at the thought of regarding the idea of a "Christian army". To them, Christendom consists of the world of Christian believers only - not nations, not governments, not lobbying groups.
As such, they have no army, nor are they likely to ever wield one.

I get that Muslims may see it differently. After all, they still use the words "crusader" to describe the infidels they despise.

But this is a completely different area - this subject is where people of one religious group are specifically targeting individuals of another for violating THEIR religion. We didn't go into the Middle East because they worshipped Allah, no matter what they tell their own. We went in for purely secular reasons.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Hmm. World Wide War.

I guess you missed that fact that half of the coalition for Desert Storm was muslim countries and the country that provided the second highest number of troops was a muslim country. In additon, it was muslim troops that retook Kuwait City and it was muslims who wanted our help to stop a renegade muslim.

The gulf wars had nothing to do with religion and only an ideologue who has lost touch with reality would think they did.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I guess you missed that fact that half of the coalition for Desert Storm was muslim countries and the country that provided the second highest number of troops was a muslim country. In additon, it was muslim troops that retook Kuwait City and it was muslims who wanted our help to stop a renegade muslim.

The gulf wars had nothing to do with religion and only an ideologue who has lost touch with reality would think they did.

OK, I will also put you down as "The US Army does not represent Christianity in the view of our Muslim 'friends'.

Got it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Amen to that.

:lol:

You are too high to drive or operate heavy machinery at this time.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffee...le-east-is-far-bigger-than-isis-and-al-qaeda/

The way in which what is going on in the Middle East has become a religious war has long been obvious. Just take this radio exchange, caught at the ground level earlier this month, between two foreign fighters in Syria, the first from al-Qa’eda’s Islamic State in Iraq and Syria [ISIS], the second from the Free Syrian army [FSA]. ‘You apostate infidels,’ says the first. ‘We’ve declared you to be “apostates”, you heretics. You don’t know Allah or His Prophet, you creature. What kind of Islam do you follow?’ To which the FSA fighter responds, ‘Why did you come here? Go fight Israel, brother.’ Only to be told, ‘Fighting apostates like you people takes precedence over fighting the Jews and the Christians. All imams concur on that.’

Everything, EVERYTHING about the Middle East is about religion. We'd do better to learn that, re-learn that simple lesson.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
. We didn't go into the Middle East because they worshipped Allah, no matter what they tell their own. We went in for purely secular reasons.

But that is the point so many people miss: The ONLY thing that actually matters "over there" is what those in the countries involved believe and how they perceive our presence and intentions there. What we believe..how we try to couch it and make up our own self-justifications..is totally irrelevant to their perspectives.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But this is a completely different area - this subject is where people of one religious group are specifically targeting individuals of another for violating THEIR religion. We didn't go into the Middle East because they worshipped Allah, no matter what they tell their own. We went in for purely secular reasons.

Oy vey.

Well, at least we've identified the problem; we ain't winning because we have no clue what kind of fight we're in.

SamSpade

OK, I will put you down in the "US Army does not represent Christianity to our Muslim 'friends' category.

Got it.

Why not? I have a (nominally) Muslim man in my family. He doesn't do salat. He's never been to Mecca, nor plans to. He doesn't do any routinely Muslim things.
In short - to me he's not what I think as typically Muslim. I would be an idiot to think so.

My old boss was Jewish. He ate pork, bacon, ham and so forth. He worked on the Sabbath and holy days. He grudgingly celebrated Christmas for his wife and daughter's sake
(but not because he was Jewish - he didn't like the idea that Christians got a federal holiday and Jews did not). I would have been an idiot to think, he represented Jews.

So, our Muslim friends see a secular army hailing from a nominally Christian nation invading a nation because it harbored someone who attacked us. If they see it as Christian attacking
Muslim, that's their problem.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But that is the point so many people miss: The ONLY thing that actually matters "over there" is what those in the countries involved believe and how they perceive our presence and intentions there. What we believe..how we try to couch it and make up our own self-justifications..is totally irrelevant to their perspectives.

Thank you.

You'd think the motivations of the opponent would kinda trump how we'd like to see things, wouldn't you? Oh, well. On we go tying to reform war and make it what it is not.

:buddies:

SamSpade

; we ain't winning because we have no clue what kind of fight we're in.

Agreed, but that's something entirely different. If you told our soldiers they were fighting in the name of Christ, you might have some serious dissension in the ranks.