No boots on the ground in Iraq

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, except 300 military advisers.

Obama says 'small number' of military advisers going to Iraq

Seeking a middle ground between calls for tough military action and none at all, President Barack Obama said Thursday he was sending up to 300 military advisers to Iraq to help the embattled government hold off a lightning advance from the north by Sunni militants.

Obama told White House reporters the goal was to prevent a civil war in Iraq that could destabilize the region, and also prevent creation of a terrorist safe haven in northern Iraq and neighboring Syria from which U.S. enemies could plan and launch attacks against American interests.

:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
300 military advisers are going to stop a Civil War in Iraq?

Give me a break.

No but, that's enough so that when one of the choppers go down and another 10-15 good men are wasted, it will serve as a pretext for more war so that the neo cons can be happy again and the military/industrial complex can do some hiring again.

PsyOps

Pixelated
No matter how you slice it, 300 military people on the ground in Iraq is boots on the ground. How long will it be before an IED takes some of them out? More caskets coming home from Iraq.

I wonder how many drone strikes have already occurred?

Nobel Peace Prize. :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No matter how you slice it, 300 military people on the ground in Iraq is boots on the ground. How long will it be before an IED takes some of them out? More caskets coming home from Iraq.

I wonder how many drone strikes have already occurred?

Nobel Peace Prize. :ohwell:

Unless they're wearing Crocs. Tactical Crocs. Of various patterns. Then, it's "Crocs on the Ground". Or, shower sandals.