Barry giving more of your money away

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Holy hell. How about the money come from some other social program. I pity the US when the 47% becomes 51%.

I wish the president put as much effort into job creation and economy growth as the does for providing tax money to the voters.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.”

Obama Touts New Entitlements: 'These Aren't Frills, They're Basic Needs.

Pres. Obama announced efforts to create a new set of entitlements in his weekly address on Saturday. "Family leave. Childcare. Flexibility. These aren't frills - they're basic needs".

The U.S. is one of only three countries that "don't offer paid maternity leave," Obama said, adding that "It's time to change that":

Mo money, mo money, mo money

SamSpade

I wonder how it was possible in previous generations that families across the country were able to function reasonably well on the income of one parent. And now, with even smaller families, it is so much more difficult with even two working parents. To me, the cost of child care exists as a "need" only because the ability to operate on one income has made it so.

To those who like to jump to conclusions - this is not an indictment of child care, something I've paid many thousands of dollars for over the years. I just wonder how we got to a place where we need something our parents never needed at all.

Vince

Everytime a problem arises, obamy's solution is to throw money at it. All the illegals coming in from the south? His solution, give the countries down there 3 million or so. South Africa has a power problem? Give them a few billion. He does it all the time. :banghead:

SamSpade

Everytime a problem arises, obamy's solution is to throw money at it. All the illegals coming in from the south? His solution, give the countries down there 3 million or so. South Africa has a power problem? Give them a few billion. He does it all the time. :banghead:

It always seems to me the best way to solve many social problems is to provide an strong incentive to do it on your own.
Find a way to keep illegals in your own country, and we'll invest in agribusiness to provide jobs.
Do a lousy job, and we'll pack up and go home.